Cloth Diapering

Question about "Flips"

We just got a couple Flip brand covers and the big microfiber inserts but I noticed the inserts don't have any snaps or way of attaching inside the covers. How do you keep them in without sliding or moving? Will they stay in place with no attachments?

Re: Question about "Flips"

• I don't have experience because we are still TTC, but from what I've found in research it looks like they **should** stay in place by themselves. As long as you tuck the ends under the tiny flaps on the top and bottom. There are a few videos on YouTube you could probably watch. Hopefully someone with actual experience can help, but I've found this board is very slow sometimes.
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a FTM expecting in March (ish) but I'm hoping to mostly use flips. I did order some rumparoos inserts, as well as the flip inserts, and I can not possibly picture then moving around in that space at all! We'll see once LO arrives though ;)
  • I've used Flips for 2 years and have used both the day time and nightime inserts and really like them. They actually do stay really well as long as you have them folded and placed under the little top flap of the cover. It's also key to get the cover sized or snapped down to the apporpiate size. 
  • Thanks. We used them yesterday and they held up pretty well
  • RIngReady said:

I've used Flips for 2 years and have used both the day time and nightime inserts and really like them. They actually do stay really well as long as you have them folded and placed under the little top flap of the cover. It's also key to get the cover sized or snapped down to the apporpiate size. 

Not trying to hijack the thread.... Have you used other types in the past? I'm heavily leaning towards flips, but I put some rumparoos as well as a few off brands in the registry just to see how they work comparatively. I figure whatever I don't like I can resell. My LO arrives Feb/Mar so I have a few minutes to figure it out, but I like getting direct advice when I can.

• @Knottie9983816
    I
    've actually used a ton of different diapers between my 2 kids. For my son, BG diapers fit him really really well starting at 3 months.  We use freetimes during the day, 4.0 pockets during the day (on daycare days I send Alva's) and at night he uses Flips. 
    I actually live and have done a little trial work for Thirsties and really have liked their products for my daughter. With EBF poo the double gussets of the Thirsties covers were awesome, but I still used the Flip overnight inserts in those too. 
    I had some Rumperroos with my son while I liked them when he was  young, I had the worst time getting his poo out of the lined double gussets of them and sold all my Rumps pretty quickly. 

** I love my Blueberry Simplex too, but use those as my backup diapers because they take so long to line dry. 
  • I love my flips. The blueberry capri covers arent bad either but flips are my favorite. Our inserts stay in place :)

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• I used flips with our son as soon as he came home from the hospital. After so many leaks out the sides and too of the diaper, we decided to use disposables for the first month. He's one month old today, and we're giving them another go.
    I really don't have any complaints, except that his bum is so much tinier than the smallest setting on the diaper. I have found them easy to use and clean, and have even convinced my husband that they are easy!
  • Flips are my favourite cover after 5 years and many, many, many different types. 

Their microfiber inserts do stay in place. They will shift a bit when your baby becomes mobile, but any AI2 system will do that, regardless of snaps. (They tend to bunch in the crotch when wet.) My all time favourite inserts for our flips is padfolded bamboo flats - specifically Sweet Iris luxury flats. 
  • I am using flips and rumparooz. The inserts stay in place. My little one is too small for the flip insert yet so I made some thinner ones for now. You can also just use cotton prefolds and flour sack towels as doublers or inserts by themselves.