Postpartum Depression

The struggle with happiness

Iam finding it very hard to stay positive and be happy. It's easy when my baby is awake and we're playing and I'm holding him, I've never felt Happier but when he's asleep its like everything just hits me. My joke of a relationship with his daddy, our financial issues, not having a job, being away from family, constant worrying about if/how things are going to work out. I feel like crying but i know thats pointless and i dont know what to do. I feel like all i do is repeat myself and nothing ever happens. I feel like I'm drowning and my baby is my little guardian angel keeping me afloat but i don't want it to be like that. I want to be the one that helps him not him helping me. I don't know what to do anymore

Re: The struggle with happiness

• Hi,
    The only thing I can say is seek professional help. We are here for support but there isn't much we can do. There is medication to help this type of situation.
  • Also, if you feel like crying then cry. Sometimes I need a good cry. Less and less now but still. I also recommend finding a professional to talk to. I'm sorry things are so tough for you right now. Winter doesn't help. If you're able to, try and get out of the house. Do something for yourself every day. Even if it's a shower.
  • Loading the player...
  • Go to a post partum support group!!! I started mine last week and im going through and break up with my bf my Little girl's father, and it helped me so much!!!! It also sounds a lot has to do with the dad maybe counseling would help. Even if you go on your own for you and just bring him to a session or two. Don't be afraid to ask for help!