2nd Trimester

TMI: pregnancy and sex/orgasms

As I get into my second trimester, I find that my libido has been more active than usual. I feel very strange having sex with DH or even going for a solo session. How do you ladies get over that fear that the baby is aware of what's going on? I know that it's not possible it has a clue of what's happening outside its tiny little bubble, but i'm still having issues getting over that thought in my head
~* Met Husband: July 26, 2009 <3Said Yes: July 26, 2010 <3Married:  September 10, 2011 <3Baby Due: June 17, 2016 *~

Re: TMI: pregnancy and sex/orgasms

• knowing that baby is well protected & had no idea what's going on helped me get over this pretty quickly. plus, I'm usually a lot more focused on what's going on between me & my SO that it doesn't really cross my mind.
  • Loading the player...
  • doozer1345doozer1345 member
    edited January 2016
    A. Your cervix is closed so baby is "in another room" completely.
    B. Your big O actually rocks LO to sleep most of the time. They say the rocking movement it creates is soothing.
    C. Have at it girl. You won't be able to for a bit after LO gets here.

ETA: You may be one of the lucky ones in having multiple O's while pg. Why not try it out?
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Baby is floating and happy in there and very unaware to what is going on ;) it's one of the benefits to being pregnant so enjoy it!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• My libido has not changed at all and it's a little disappointing! I still love sex and we do it once or twice a week, but that's it. I just feel too tired most of the time. Either that or I've got another pain or issue I'm dealing with. The feeling of sex also changed after the first trimester. It felt AMAZING in the beginning, not that it wasn't before, but now it's kinda just back to normal.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • My husband was like you.. In the end he was unable to perform for 9months. I was the one needing sex. It was frustrating but I didn't pressure him. Much.

If it's how you feel it's how you feel... But baby isn't aware, won't remember and be all "omg my folks did it when I was in there" (did you look back and remember it?) baby has no context or reference level for anything so if that helps. It didn't help dh.. I gave birth on Dec 10th and am awaiting our 6 week postpartum mark.
  • Sex with penetration is more challenging and less pleasurable bc of the surrounding discomforts for us. however everything else I find is better. We do it less so when we do there is more passion and desire and orgasms are more intense than usual! Only had about 3 the whole preg though....
  • I mean as opposed to when we were TTC and there was external pressure to conceive. now it's just for the fun of it ;)
  • Enjoy it while you can. Once baby is here things are a little more difficult. I also always find pregnancy sex to be better anyways. But like others said...if that's how you feel, don't worry, things will get back to "normal".
  • I guess part of the reason im having issues is this is an IVF pregnancy that was successful on try number 3. The first two had stuck but after my DH and i had sex, a couple days later i miscarried both and i think i am just associating sex with a failed pregnancy/miscarriage. I love sex and being intimate but am so paranoid that something bad will happen even though we have the all clear
    ~* Met Husband: July 26, 2009 <3Said Yes: July 26, 2010 <3Married:  September 10, 2011 <3Baby Due: June 17, 2016 *~