Infertility
Options

Cramps after BFP

Hi everyone,
I got my BFP on Tuesday :). I'm just a bit concern. Last night I had really really bad cramps that woke me up from my sleep. I know I've read that its normal to feel cramps. What worried me was the cramps lasted around 3-5 minutes. Maybe I'm worrying to much about it. Called the Dr this morning and I'm yet to hear from him :/. Hoping I'm just overreacting.

Re: Cramps after BFP

• Options
    You'd be best to post this in a different forum (ie. 1st trimester) as many of us have never experienced a bfp and won't be able to offer any advice.
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited January 2016
    Congrats! How exciting! And nerve wracking... Cramps in the first few weeks are normal, severe pain is not. If you have any bleeding with the pain or the pain becomes severe call your RE's emergency line. If it feels similar to strong period cramps it is considered normal. Hope this helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi there. I just got my BFP on dec 18th and had pretty bad cramps that following week (no bleeding though). The cramps would come and go but seemed to be worse at night. I mentioned this to my nurse at the RE office and she said cramping is normal unless you see bleeding with it. Each day my cramping has gotten less and less. I think it's just all part of the uterus growing to accommodate the little one :)
    Married: 05/13
    TTC: 08/14
    HSG: clear
    Sperm Analysis: No mobility issues
    Current Diagnosis: Unexplained infertility
  • Options
    I third what was said above. I had first day period-like cramps from 2 days before my BFP to about 2.5 weeks after. They always seemed worse (stronger and longer) at night, especially within the first week. My RE assured me at my appts that it was completely normal. If you have no bleeding, take it as your uterus starting to expand for your baby and as a positive sign!

Congrats!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    Thank you for your help @HBamama2B, @Imroz8605 and @riveridgional
    I as well get them at night. Thank God no bleeding. Thank you again for your help.