Third-Party Reproduction

Donor Egg Success

Hello ladies,

I have not posted here in quite some time and I have never posted to this group. We are going to be using donor eggs and I just wanted to ask if anyone has had any success stories with them.

Or, has anyone not had success with them? I kind of want to hear how things went for other couples and get an idea of what we have coming up.

We are excited and nervous about all of this.

If it helps at all, we are in Ca.

Thank you ladies

Re: Donor Egg Success

• Hi, i'm from Holland, so maybe some things in the process go different but eggs are eggs..;)
    After trying to conceive with my own eggs for 6 years (5 yrs medical, although no sympthoms unless poor and low eggs quality, high fsh (10-17) low amh (<0.01) diagnosed with dor) we started (took a lot of time to get ready to take this step, i literally tried everything even going to hospitals abroad, but for me this felt good)using donoreggs, donated by my best friend.
    It started very good with 13 follicles but in the end there were only 4 (what doctors did not expect), we went on, retrieved 3 eggs, 2 were fertilized, one put back and i can tell you i'm 30 weeks pregnant right now!! I know we were very lucky, but it is possible...
    I wish you (and your partner) all the luck and succes in the world!
  • @wapeters13. I just had my transfer on 12/17 with donor eggs.  We transferred 2 embryos and I've had 2 Betas done; first was 354 and the second was 694.  I'm going back tomorrow for the third Beta and hopefully the numbers have grown.  Next week is our first ultrasound so I'll let you know :)
    TTC for Baby #1 for 3 years. After 2 failed IUI's & IVFs, God blessed us with our miracle :).  FET 12/17/15 (transferred 2 embryos at 5days). First Beta 12/29/15 = 354. Second Beta 12/31/15 = 694. Third Beta 1/7/16 = 6,695.  Finally heard his heartbeat (126)  on 1/14/16 @ our 1st US.  2nd US on 1/21/16, HR was 159.  The most beautiful sound ever :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had success, blessedly, on my first round. You can see my history below, but I am now 18w! I never believed that my DOR status was what was causing my miscarriages but my little DE seems to be working. I'm happy to answer any questions about the process, should you have any. My whole transaction was very smooth and noncomplicated (my primary goal).
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • I also had success with my first try after years of failure with my own eggs. The experience was just so much more pleasant that all my other rounds. I'm also happy to answer any specific questions you have and I wish you the absolute best of luck.

*early loss mentioned*
    Me: 34   dx: endo and DOR
    DH: 38   dx: normal
    Endometrioma removed from left ovary 4/'09 
    Started TTC Aug. 2012 
    BFP Jan. '13 - (no heartbeat at 8w appointment) spontaneously MC at 9w 
    Nov. '13 AMH level 0.98 
    April '14 IUI w/clomid BFN 
    May '14 IUI w/clomid BFN 
    June '14 AMH level 0.5 
    IVF #1 July '14, 4R/4M/3F   2 8 cells transferred on day 3, nothing made it to freeze, BFN 
    IVF #2 Nov '14 EPP stimmed for 12 days 9R/4M/4F   2 7 cells transferred on day 3, nothing to freeze, BFN
    IVF #3 May '15 cancelled after highest possible meds dosages for over two weeks. converted to IUI, BFN
    DE IVF #1 Dec '15 transferred one BB2 blast, BFP due August 2016

ALL Welcome

• I transfered two in February which didn't work and have a FET with the remaining two on 4/25. I have heard many success stories from others. 
  • Hi, dear! I know how emotionally draining and exhausting it could be. I definitely have lots of things to share. DE was our last step before adoption. Briefly, I'm endo and PCOS sufferer. Had unsuccessful surgery which resulted in left ovary scarring, so eggs couldn't mature properly. DH is absolutely ok. Doc finally gave us tiny 5% verdict of conceiving with OE. So we had to look on egg donation. After months of searching on forums we made sure the coast of the program is much cheaper abroad. So we decided to go to Ukrainian Biotexcom clinic. Due to my long medical history they suggested this to be 5 att program as it goes along with the guarantee. In case of 5 failures they refund all money paid. Besides meds are also included into the package price. So all that did make sense for us as we had already spend a fortune on treatment. Frankly speaking it took us 3 attempts to achieve pregnancy. No extra money turned back as the contract is fulfilled. But this doesn't bother us because we've conceived finally. They did a good job for us. Their staff being understanding and supportive during the whole process. I'm waiting ffor labor in 5 weeks. So am just excited and curious about how everything's going for other ladies here. Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. I'm be pleased to help or support simply. Sending you hugs and all positive vibes  <3
  • Hi, hun! I can definitely relate! I've written the thing on different threads sharing my great experience with using donor egg with IVF. So probably you'll find some. I've recently given birth to my sweet baby boy. But we'd survived pretty great amount of troubles and nightmares while being in this challenging journey.

First, you should remember - whatever you do you have to keep moving further! For us the news was devastating from the very beginning and hard to deal with..2 miscarriages 6 years ago. Then DX - endo and PCOS. Unsuccessful surgery - eggs cannot mature because of the ovaries scarring. Without the love and support from dh, family and our friends I wouldn't have got through it! The side effects from the drugs were awful! Little did I know I would be faced with much more heartache. IVF#1 and 2 abandoned! 6 weeks injecting myself and all I came away with was lots of bruises and a broken heart. But the minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long!! Storms don't last forever! 

So for us it was 5 attempts program for 9900 euro. All needed meds included into the package price. Also selective reduction if needed (which is another 1000 euro you are to spend extra in the case, but we didn't use it at all). In case of 5 failures they refund all money paid. (Actually that was the main reason we went on with this very program in Biotexcom). I'll be pleased to help you, feel free to ask what you'd like to :) Wish you all the best X