Babies on the Brain
Options

Finding the Right Doctor

Hey all! I'm new to these boards and also new to the whole TTC time of life. My husband and I decided on Christmas Day that we're both ready to start a family. My biggest dilemma right now is trying to find a new OB/GYN as I recently moved to a different area. If it were just to do my annual checkup it wouldn't be as big of a deal. I feel like I need to find the best doctor because they will potentially (hopefully) be delivering our future baby. Any suggestions or advice on how to find the right doctor? Thanks! 

Re: Finding the Right Doctor

• Options
    @pamdm519

I would suggest looking up different hospitals in the area and then searching doctors in that particular hospital. That allows you to read a bit about each doctor and possibly even see reviews about the doctor / hospital. At least I know I can do that with the hospitals / doctors in my area so I am assuming you can do it where you live.

I know you said you recently moved but I don't know if by recently you mean a few weeks or a few months. So if possible,
    if you know anyone who is pregnant / had a baby in the area you live now but you could always ask them for recommendations. 
    Me:27 | DH: 26
    Married: 7/26/14
    NTNP since: September '15
    TTC #1: October '15
  • Options
    If you don't know anybody there who can help you, you could try to ask here at the forum at a mum section for mums in you area (who already had the whole pregnancy and delivery). It's not foolproof, because you need your personal click. I believe you can always decide to switch doctors if the person doesn't work for you (although that's something you try to avoid).
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started with my insurance company's website and searched providers near me that participate in my plan.
  • Options
    Insurance company is a good place to start and anyone you know with kids is good as well. If you don't know people with children, set up a couple of mappointments where you can go in and acquaint yourself with the doctor before you commit. This is how I found my first OB here who was AMAZING.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Check out the HealthGrades website and do a search for doctors in your area. I like it because you can see how satisfied other patients have been with those physicians.