Infertility
Options

January/February IVF

Re: January/February IVF

• Options
    kadair123kadair123 member
    edited January 2016
    Congrats @Selena2016! That's a very short cycle your on! GL and baby dust to u!
    @KLake42 sorry your going through that with your friends. Please feel free to vent here anytime u want. It's hard enough to going through infertility but then to be judged by your friends can make you feel vulnerable, exposed and alone. It's not fair and I hope U can stay strong through their criticism and do what u feel is right and just ;-) and get your little bundle of joy in the end!
  • Options
    @KLake42 you know I COMPLETELY understand!
    My problem is when people tell me it will happen one day, just pray, you will eventually get pregnant.. umm nope. We require medical assistance bc we are lesbians. I could pray until I'm blue in the face and I will NEVER get pregnant, ever. So yes, those sentiments work for those who have never had trouble ttc and might be straight, but not for lesbians like me and DW with endo and pcos.
    Fortunately, those with IF are so much more sensitive to anyone struggling no matter how or why they struggle. We all know how hurtful some phrases can be.
    Ivf is a big decision for anyone. Luckily, we have a group going through it at the same time through all the ups and downs!

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    laur2835laur2835 member
    edited January 2016
    Omg I know it is too funny sometimes the ridiculous things people say! I'm a pharmacist at a grocery store, and the manager of our store knows what is going on since I've had to take FMLA for appointments and stuff....I'm an open person so it doesn't really bother me that he know and asks how things are going, but sometimes I wonder. He kept telling me Christmas Eve that we were going to have a Christmas baby he just knew it I needed to just let things happen. I'm like buddy what do you not get about the fact that I am not ovulating!!! It is physically impossible!! Take a science class or go back to worrying about the bananas!!!! All I can do is laugh about it lol
  • Options
    wenikilinawenikilina member
    edited January 2016
    Hi Ladies! I am joining you all on this journey. I am starting IVF #2.
    Happy New Year to all and may this be our year!! :)
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    IVF #1 November/December 2015:
    (3 mature follicles, high progesterone prior to ER- Cancelled and converted to IUI)
    IUI #1 December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #2 January/February 2016
    02-10-16: 5 day transfer of two 5AA blasts
    02-18-16: Beta #1 204 - BFP!!
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460
    03-07-16 First US!! :) TWINS!!
    05-06-16 Gender Reveal US - Boy and Girl! 
    07-30-16 Twins born at 27 weeks and 1 day, at 2 lbs, 7.1 oz. and 2 lbs, 1.9 oz. <3

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

• Options
    @wenikilina welcome and good luck
  • Options
    GL @wenikilina hope this round is the one for u!
    I go in for SHG and EMD Tuesday and will start Lupron and finish BC this week. FET is in 28 days!
  • Options
    So who's stimming at this point? @mskeenan, @babyexpress, @TWWAB, anyone else?

Tonight will be my 4th dose, 300 gonal-f and 150 menopur. I'm feeling some soreness at the injection site and a lot of sleepiness, but that's it. No need for prune juice yet, but I appreciate the warning!

I've had low doses of gonal-f and menopur before, with IUIs, but nothing like this. 

Anyone else dealing with any side effects?
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    Happy New Year everyone! I start stimming next week. Waiting for my meds to arrive this week. I've never done any injectibles so I'm feeling really clueless about how it's gonna go. It's nice to hear from others here!
  • Options
    Welcome @Minnie1155 and GL! The injections can be a little scary and if you've never done them before I would highly recommend setting up an appointment with your RE's nurse for Med review and injection demonstration. They should have practice supplies available in their office to help you get comfortable with the injections before u do it yourself. If not, another option is YouTube "Self inject fertility meds" and you'll find videos on many of the drugs used during a typical cycle.
    As a nurse, I'm used to giving injections but I even practiced a little to make sure I could self inject plus DH does with them too and that's a big help.
    Hope this info helps!
  • Options
    @KLake42 tonight was my 4th dose as well.  Not much for side effects, except the soreness that you have.  The menopur stings really bad though.  That part is not fun.  I have to take deep breaths and inject very slowly.  

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Options
    Hi ladies i too will be starting first round of IVF this month, starting injections on the 15th and retrieval the week of the 26th. We have and out of the country trip planned in march for a wedding so we will be doing a FET hopefully in April! I cant wait to get things started and hopefully before i know it will be pregnant. after all i dont know where 2015 went so i am sure 2016 will go quickly too!. I hope and pray this is the year for all of you! My DH and i have done no other forms of treatment, the RE didnt think IUI's were worth trying. Its been a long year of tests and planning but i cant wait to actually start treatment!
    Me (28) DH (32)
    Married: Dec 2011
    TTC#1 May 2014
    Dx: MFI (low count)
    FET#1 May 2016  BFP 
    EDD 2/4/17 - TWINS- MC July  o:)o:)
    FET#2- 11/9/16 BFP- MC o:)
    FET#3- 2/8/17 BFP- MC o:)

• Options
    @KLake42 I started stims today. Menapur and follistin. Super stressful with the meds first time around. Everything is so expensive and so important that you get the dosage correct. I have doctor appointments every 2 days for blood and ultrasound. Stims for 7-10 days then FET. We are planning to transfer 2 embryos for the best chances of pregnancy. I know it increases the chances of twins but we are ready for it.
  • Options
    Hey @KLake42 ! I've been on my meds for 7 days (112.5-150 IU gonal f , 75 IU menopur and morning ganirilex ) and I will say I was feeling good the first four days . Now I feel like CRAP . I am so exhausted , my stomach is bruised and I have some pretty annoying cramps . When I laugh my ovaries hurt . Is that weird ? When I take steps I can feel them . Ugh . I cried in the shower this morning for no reason .

I'm waiting for my 4th monitoring appointment as we speak . How have your appointments been ?

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    @TWWAB how are your stims going ??

@laur2444 any word from insurance ?? I know waiting can be a pain !! That's awesome your insurance covers it .

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    Hello everyone,
    I did one "natural" IVF in October and that was with @Colleen0516 that consisted of monitoring and a HCG trigger, egg retrieval and a 2DTMy results were negative and I am now moving on to "low dose mini IVF". I will be on Lupron, Gonal F RFF Redijett  150 and a lupron trigger. I am also very nervous about all of these meds @Minnie1155  too. My body is very sensitive to medications as well. I have had 2 previous pregnancies both were ectopics and only have one damaged tube left, so here I am. I love hearing about your experiences with meds it helps me KIND-OF be prepared..lol....

Glad to be connected with you ladies...
  • Options
    AND of course baby asprin, endometrin and estrace...:) can't forget those. :#
  • Options
    @mskeenanYesterday was my 8th day of stimms and my stomach is a bit sore at the injection points and I am very much aware of my ovaries. It's not unbearable, but it is getting uncomfortable. The RE said the best is yet to come and I am not looking forward to it.

On a brighter note my RE increased my menopur and decreased my gonal-f and also added my ganerelix(sp). Today when I went in for my u/s I had 14 follicles ranging from 10-14mm. So, I should be triggering by the end of the week if they keep growing at the same rate.
  • Options
    @mskeenan nothing yet thanks for asking!! The way the holiday fell I don't think my doctors office could submit anything to them until today anyway. They said it can take up to 15 days. Hopefully not though!!! I'm assuming next week we'll get some word. In the meantime we have a ski trip planned this weekend since this will probably be the only chance I get before starting everything! I know how you are feeling with your stims though....it happened to me each time with menopur and my IUIs. I'd feel great at first then all of a sudden it just hits you and you feel crummy and like an emotional wreck! It'll all be worth it in the end! At least this time around we aren't stimming in the summer.....you know how hard it was to feel like junk then have to go put a bathing suit on!!! Lol you are so lucky you are already on your way!! fx for you!!!!
  • Options
    @babyexpress, I know, right?  That menopur sting is no joke.  I go very, very slow, and complain very, very loudly!  If you cuss like a sailor, it helps.

@mskeenan, I just had my first monitoring appointment today, and everything is still pretty small, but growing, about 5 on each side, with 3 leading the pack.  They'll see me again Wednesday.  I won't know until they get the bloodwork results this afternoon whether I should keep going with the same dose, but they think probably.

I'm starting to feel some tingling around my ovaries, but no cramping yet.  When I did IUIs, I would have major ovarian cramps after the IUI the months where I had both the trigger shot and some injectibles, so I've learned exactly where they are in my body.

@Selena2016, I'd like to transfer two embryos, but I know my doctor likes to be really cautious about it and might only do one.  Heck, with my low reserve, I might only get one.  I think it's a good strategy, though.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.

• Options
    I am just about to finish my stims and do the trigger shot tonight.  I'm just waiting for the nurse to call and confirm those steps.  As someone who freaks out over needles, this process wasn't too bad.  Then again, I made my husband do them all while I kept my eyes closed.  Still not sure if I could suck it up to give them to myself.  However, it was weirdly fun to mix the drugs up and prep everything.  The trigger is freaking me out a little because it's a bigger IM needle.  I think we may go visit my nurse friend and have her do it.  :)

Overall, the side effects weren't too bad.  I'm bloated and parts of my skin are tender, but nothing terrible.

Once I get through the retrieval, I feel like the worst will be behind us.  The daily appts, 4 shots a day, and the surgery to get the eggs are the things that most stress me out.  I'm happy that by this upcoming weekend it will all be behind me.  At that point, it is what it is with regards to how many embryos and whatnot we get.

Good luck to everyone else!
  • Options
    @TheLabyrinth congratulations, you are almost at the finish line!!

Good luck!!
  • Options

@TWWAB that's awesome you are almost to the finish line!!! Sounds like you have had a great response!! I'll be triggering on Wednesday most likely and having retrieval Friday!

@laur2444 that's right I totally forgot that nothing would happen due to the holidays! well hopefully you get a response back soon now that everyone is back to work! I'm jealous of your ski trip!! I'm actually going on my first ski trip with some friends in February (between my ER and FET). It'll be good for you to relax before jumping into treatment! And yes, thank GOD it is not swimsuit season. I can barely put on my fat pants right now.

@KLake42 that's good you don't have cramping yet! it's no fun! hope your appointment Wednesday goes well! I was expecting to see bigger follicles at my first appointment...but they told me that the first appointment is usually kind of boring with not a lot to see. I may transfer two as well but haven't decided. My doc wants me to do one but said he is ok with me doing 2 depending on how many embryos I have.

@TheLabyrinth I'm glad your side effects haven't been too bad! That's exciting you are about to trigger! Does that mean your retrieval will be Wednesday? I'll be thinking of you!! And you are right.... after the stim meds the worst will be behind us.

I had my US this morning. Today will be my 8th night of meds . As for my follicle counts I have: 1 19mm follicle, 1 18mm follicle, 3 17mm follicles, 2 16mm follicles, 6 15mm follicles, 4 14mm follicles, and some 12s and 11s. I thought I would be ready to trigger really soon since I have some mature follicles but the doc wants to give my smaller follicles time to catch up. I will be triggering most likely Wednesday.

Hope everyone is having a happy Monday!!

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    I think it's pretty interesting how different places follow different procedures.  I haven't even been stimming a week (though I'm irritated about my leftover drugs).  In my case, they said they just wanted at least 4 follicles above 16mm, and waited one more day for a couple more to catch up since the largest wasn't too large.  I don't know if that's due to my resting follicle count, or if that's what they normally do.
  • Options
    @mskeenan That's a lot of good follicles.  Its really interesting and so different from what to expect for IUI.  I have my u/s and b/w tomorrow morning.  I'm going to ask what my clinic likes to see as good results.  Yours seems great!

• Options
    Everyone seems like they are doing great so far! @mskeenan lots of great numbers!!! I actually just got a call from the RE that my cycle has been APPROVED!!! They were even shocked that we heard right away with it being the new year! Now I'm kind of freaking out though....I don't have my meds or anything yet but I have the ski trip this weekend so I am going to tell them I want to hold off and hopefully go in for baseline Monday?! Ahhhh I'll keep you girls posted!
  • Options
    @laur2444 that's great news! Hopefully things work out with timing and you get to enjoy your trip!

@TheLabyrinth how exciting to be at that point already!

I realized I was confused and don't start stims next week, it's actually two weeks away. I'm just a little anxious about everything so I think I'm rushing through it in my head. I love hearing everyone's updates. It's nice to hear others making it through, I know I will get there eventually!
  • Options
    TWWABTWWAB member
    edited January 2016
    @mskeenan you have some nice plump follies :D. You have to let us know how your ER goes. I'm getting more and more nervous as I get closer to ER and ET. Has anyone started stocking up on Gatorade and coconut water? I caught a sale at the market today.
  • Options
    Awww darn @minnie1155 I thought we might be cycle buddies! My nurse called and said stop my pill Thursday and go for baseline next Tuesday, so hopefully next Tuesday at this time I'll be starting my stims! :)
  • Options
    @TWWAB what does the gatorade and coconut water do?

• Options
    @laur2444 that's great news! I wish mine was covered by insurance. The doctor's office said to hang on to the receipts for our taxes. So maybe we can get some sort of credit.
    Good luck with your cycle!
  • Options
    @babyexpress to keep you hydrated after ER...I saw it so many times on youtube that I figured it wouldn't hurt to pick some up to have on hand. I think you need the electrolytes after your ER.
  • Options
    @TWWAB thanks for the tip, I will definitely get stocked up. 

@Selena2016 I looked up income tax savings with fertility treatments and sure enough it exists! That's good.  It needs to exceed 10% of your adjusted income, which I don't think mine will, but I am going to definitely keep receipts and at least try. 
    Here is a link:  https://www.winfertility.com/fertility-treatment-costs-income-tax-savings/

• Options
    Hi everyone! I'm jumping in this board. I just got AF, so I'll be starting my first IVF cycle this month. So far I've have 4 unsuccessful IUIs. I'm nervous but also excited. I have PCOS so I know I'm a good candidate for IVF. Hopefully this will do the trick!

GL to everyone!
  • Options
    I'm definitely planning to claim my medical expenses for 2015 on my taxes.  If you're doing that (and live in the U.S.), keep in mind that you can claim ALL of your medical expenses, not just fertility.  Most folks don't get this deduction, since their medical expenses don't exceed the 10% threshold, but for those of us paying OOP for IVF, we're there!  So you can claim what you pay for health insurance premiums, your co-pays for all  doctor visits, your co-pays and out of pocket expenses for all medication, even acupuncture.  You can even claim travel expenses for every doctor visit.

I've had a LOT of doctor visits this year (7 monitored IUIs), so I'm going through my calendar to claim the mileage and parking for every one of them.  It adds up!  I also made sure to pay for my full IVF cycle in 2015 (last day!) to include it all on my taxes.

(Yes, I'm very excited about this-- the tax savings is a HUGE silver lining, with everything I've had to pay!!)

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.

• Options
    I had my u/s appt today and I have 8 follies on right and 8 on left, all traveling at the same pace. (around 11-12mm)  My lining was at 10mm.  RE was very happy with the results and I might cut back a bit on meds so I don't over produce.  I'm so glad I don't have any kinks in the road so far and my steps are moving right along.  Looks like I could do the egg retrieval on Sunday. Yippee

• Options
    We ordered our Lupron and I start Fri!
    DW starts lupron next week and then the stims on 25th.
    They are doing a "trial transfer" on wed, has anyone done this?
    Also, any suggestions for the lupron?

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Happy New Year to you all! 
    Looks like I will be soon joining you with my first IVF cycle.  
    I am a little nervous and don't know what to expect.   I have another call with my nurse tomorrow to have a second saline sonogram done and the next steps.  I think they want to make sure after the D & C all is good.

good luck to everyone! 
    TTC since 2013 (loss mentioned)
    IUI #1 and 2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP - miscarried at 7 weeks
    started IVF cycle Feb 2016
    2/19 ER-- 20 Retrieved 12 fertilized 6 tested 
    2/26 -- 3 normal, 2 abnormal, 2 unconfirmed 
    4/3 transfer
    4/29 - Miscarried
    8/25 - transfer
    9/3 - BFP  -- fingers crossed...
  • Options
    halipshalips member
    edited January 2016
    Hi Ladies! @Colleen0516 looks like we'll being going through IVF together again. I'm hoping both of us have better outcomes than in the past!

I am currently on BCP's through Jan 17, baseline is scheduled for Jan 20, Endo scratch is scheduled for Jan 21 and stimming starts on Jan 22. Same protocol that I had before, 150u of Gonal-F and 150u of Menopur. I know this will work, just hoping they can reach both of my ovaries at retrieval this time!

Good luck to all of you!!
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    @halips welcome!!! I followed you and @colleen0516 on the previous boards since I've been lurking since September!! Hope this is the lucky round for us all!!!
  • Options

Hi, ladies! WARNING - Child mentioned....

I have been here before back in 2012. 3 rounds of IUI and 2 rounds of IVF to get our miracle son after TTC for 2 years. We only had one embryo, and that is now our son! It really does "only take one"....except when you're ready to have another.

I'll be starting from scratch hoping this time to respond better. Have my protocol all ready with what appears to be some HIGH dosages, been on BC since 11/30, start stims on 1/17, ER scheduled for 1/28. Our clinic is now doing mandatory PGS and FET, so I'm not really sure how the schedule works after retrieval/fert report. Anyone have experience with approximately how long the PGS process takes and how long I'll have to wait for the FET?

Excited to be back! Best luck to everyone! These boards really are a blessing.

****CHILD/BFP WARNING****

TTC since 2/11 - Unexplained IF B/W revealed high prolactin levels. Taking bromocriptine for prolactin.
    IUI #1-3 = BFN
    IVF #1 = Cancelled (undermedicated = small follicles)
    IVF #2 = ER 12/6 - 6R/4M/Only 1F
    Transfered our one and only blast (3AA) on 12/11 = BFP!

Trying for Baby #2

IVF#3 - 13 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized. All 7 got a fungus and arrested.

IVF#4 - February 2016 - 13 eggs retrieved. All arrested.

IVF#5 - June 2016 - 12 eggs retrieved. All arrested. Told I need a donor egg.

Changed REs.

IVF #6 - September 2016 - T-priming, HGH, Lupon flare. 31 eggs retrieved!!! 12 made it to blast! Transferred 2 blasts (5AA, 4AA).