Single Parents

Anybody hereeee?

1.How are you? 2. How did you end up in this situation? 3. His last name or yours?
(Ladies who have been there & done that I'd love for some advice!)

1.So far so good, I'm taking it pretty good I think. I'm only at the most 9 weeks and at the least 5. I haven't been to the doctors yet because I'm waiting on my insurance to kick in in 2016.
2.I was dating a guy for about a month and here I am. I was really stressing out about how he felt about me after we found out so I just broke up with him. The last think I need to be worrying about is how a guy feels about me! I suspected he was not being faithful as well and he wasn't. I do kind of regret breaking up with him because now he's just being really petty. We're both pretty young & he doesn't want to tell his parents until I'm 12 weeks. His sister, which I keep in touch with, says his mom has breast cancer and that's why she's really upset that he hasn't said anything.
3. I feel like it's more likely that I give the baby my last name but you never know I guess. He's just being a jerk atm and his sister is convinced I'll be raising the baby on my own. She offered literally all her support, loves being updated and would even like to be invited to a baby shower if someone throws one for me (:

Re: Anybody hereeee?

• This board has died down quite a bit.  I try to check it when I can to see if there's anyone new but usually it's pretty dead.

1. I'm doing well, my DD is 2.5 in a few days and she's a ball of energy!

2. A bit of a story, my BD was a dude I dated for 3.5 years before we broke up for 5-6mo and got back together.  Maybe 3 or 4 months after getting back together I got pregnant.  He wouldn't talk to me about it unless it was to try to get me to have an abortion. Which, clearly, I did not do. As it turns out, he was cheating on me throughout our entire relationship. I didn't find this out until after he dumped me on Christmas (klassy, right?). I told him to stay the f* out of our lives and I didn't hear from him until he was almost killed in a car accident.  After a few texts, I allowed him to plan visits with DD.  He saw her 3 times.  He has since vanished, I last heard from him on her first birthday.

3. DD has my last name.  It's easier with forms and daycare to have the same last name as your child (or so I've experienced).

How old are you two?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1. I'm good. As hard as it is to manage everything on my own, it's much easier than when we were together. Adjusting to the new normal. LO is 3.5 months, so I'm hoping to iron out most of the kinks while she's still so little.
    2. BD and I dated for 3 years, off and on. I've got some serious codependent tendencies that I'm working on. He's got some serious anger issues and emotional maturity issues that he's not working on. We ended up pregnant and I tried to stick it out and be patient with him, but he continued to drink which only brought out the underlying issues. A fight turned physical and I called the police. He's been out for a month now. He and his family are active in her life, but I have to be on guard to protect her from the violent and abusive shitstorm that can be his family. Scheduling visits is a nightmare, but I want her to have a healthy relationship with him and his family and I hope that continues to be possible. He's got an alcohol monitor for a year, so that'll make it a bit easier for the time being.
    3. His last name. Named after my dad, his mom and his last name. We were together at the time, and I don't regret the choice. He's going to be active in her life, but hoping it will be a positive force. I can always change it later if needed, but it really want something I wavered on.

Good luck on your journey. Find a solid support group now. Pregnancy and those first few weeks are difficult even with a partner. Make sure to remember that you need to be strong for yourself too, and surround yourself with people that empower you and will help you and your baby.