Postpartum Depression
Options

defeated

I had a few good days. Just feel so defeated and down today.
My partner is definitely a trigger for me.
He'll hear me crying and just gets so cold and distant. Won't ask what's going on, or how I'm doing. That's all I want. I feel like if he could just hold me for a moment or something it could really help.
It sets me into this spiral of intense anxiety. I feel like he just pushes me further.
He says when I want to be happy I will.
That I want to be depressed and drag people down with me.
He gets frustrated with me because I'm depressed and have had these awful panic and anxiety attacks for almost a year. The entire time I was pregnant.
I just feel really alone.
I don't really have any friends.
My insurance is making it difficult to get any sort of therapist.
I really never thought I'd be 26 with a baby living at my mom's.
Life did terrible things to us though and this is where we are.
I love my baby but I think he'd grow up better with just my partner and a better mom.
Sometimes I don't have these thoughts and I feel crazy for every having had them.
But then shit just spirals.
I'm sad. Partner pushes me away, is cold and distant. I feel anxiety building. I freak out.

Re: defeated

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I'm sorry. I've had depression in the past. Maybe you should try to get therapy for your partner! He's being a jerk IMO. I wouldn't dare leave my baby with such an insensitive person!

You're the best mom for your baby despite limitations. Just ask someone who's adopted.
  • Options
    Baby'smom said:

I'm sorry. I've had depression in the past. Maybe you should try to get therapy for your partner! He's being a jerk IMO. I wouldn't dare leave my baby with such an insensitive person!

You're the best mom for your baby despite limitations. Just ask someone who's adopted.

Thank you.
    Yeah, he's really the best person I know, but stubborn and ignorant when it comes to this one, very important, thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope things are looking up for you. Hugs
  • Options
    Hope you're feeling better