Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Need Guidance on which furniture is necessary/best for our situation

Hello! Our house has quite an interesting layout. Anyways the master bedroom is on a separate floor. It is large, and we plan to have baby sleep up there with us for up to a year. I will be buying a crib for the baby's room which is on the floor with guest bedrooms etc. as that's closest to the kitchen, living areas, and office. So, during the daytime naps that is where baby will sleep. I was planning on basinet for our bedroom for the baby to sleep in, but that will quickly be outgrown within a few months. Should I just buy two cribs and have the baby sleep in that from newborn age and up? Other options?

Re: Need Guidance on which furniture is necessary/best for our situation

• Options
    To save money and space, I'd put a crib in the room where the baby would be sleeping most of the time and a pack n play for the room where the baby would mostly be napping. Or you could get the Fisher Price portable bassinet to use in your room until she outgrows it and then transition her to the crib. We moved our baby to her own room at 3 months. She was sleeping through the night by then so it worked out well. 
  • Options
    I agree, I would not buy 2 cribs. Get a bassinet, pack n play or FP rock n play for your room.