Chit Chat

Cute and Concerning

Something both cute and concerning happened today:

I was walking to Subway on my lunch at work (I work at a store by a mall). As I walked past a group of people in the mall a boy (maybe 3 years old at most) walked right up to me and quickly touched the side of my butt / hip area and the stood there with a smile. I stopped for a brief second out of shock and then continued walking.

Yes it was cute but it also concerned me too and made me wonder / think:
   - Why was this little boy so comfortable walking up to a complete stranger and touching them?
   - Where was this boy's parent(s) and why was he not being watched?
   - His parents are lucky that I wasn't some creep / pervert who would have grabbed that boy's hand and walked away with him. I honestly think the boy would be okay with it if someone did that and I don't think the parents would have noticed.

Maybe I put too much thought into it but it bothered me for a little bit.
Me:27 | DH: 26
Married: 7/26/14
NTNP since: September '15
TTC #1: October '15

Re: Cute and Concerning

• That would bother me. I'd take him to security guard & possibly call CPS.
  • Baby'smom said:
    That would bother me. I'd take him to security guard & possibly call CPS.
    You are so over the top in nearly all of your posts. This is RIDICULOUS.
  • Loading the player...
  • BigboobsmcgeeBigboobsmcgee member
    edited December 2015

OP kids are weird. My 3 year old does strange things and I hope no one would randomly call CPS because he tried to hug the grocery store cashier or something else as innocent as what happened to you. My goodness.

I wouldn't have given this another thought.

• Baby'smom said:
    That would bother me. I'd take him to security guard & possibly call CPS.
    @Baby'smom

I think calling CPS is a bit much and I am not sure I would be comfortable taking him to a security guard either as I am not sure the situation called for it. Just my opinion though. 
  • OP kids are weird. My 3 year old does strange things and I hope no one would randomly call CPS because he tried to hug the grocery store cashier or something else as innocent as what happened to you. My goodness.

I wouldn't have given this another thought.

@Bigboobsmcgee

I agree kids are weird. I think the reason it was concerning to me (looking back on it) is because of how incredibly crowded the place was at that time and the appearance that his parent(s) weren't watching him. I don't really have an issue with what the child did - more so the fact that it appeared as if no one was watching him. I hope I am wrong and that his parent(s) was /were watching him and knew what he was doing. 
  • I agree with bigboobsmcgee. Kids definitely do strange things.. I've had a similar thing happen to me too and it was odd but considering the age of the child I shrugged it off.  I would be concerned about a parent not being anywhere to be found though as well.  Hopefully he wasn't lost!
  • Kids are weird. My little brother, when he was about 3 or so, would run under tables at our school PTA meetings and rub the legs of ladies who were wearing stockings. My mom was looking for him and some lady was like "Oh is this your son?" He was under the table sucking his thumb and petting her leg. She told my mom "Well, he asked first." I dont know what was weirder, my brother or the lady that let him pet her leg. He is now 25 and a decent human being. LOL. 
  • @crsanchez87

That's hilarious. I think the lady allowing it might be a bit weirder haha