Baby Names
Options

Baby name help!

TalonKacieTalonKacie member
edited December 2015 in Baby Names
Hey everyone!
I need help. I have been looking at names and I can't seem to find any that I love. I have a few girls ones in mind but I'm indecisive.....I don't know gender yet so open to both boy and girl names. For girls the middle names we would like to be Oakleigh-Marie (family names) for girls and for a boy it would just be Oakley. Last name is Rose
So far I like:
Ember-lynn
Evolet
Nova.

Re: Baby name help!

• Options
    Nova could be nice.

Is Oakley a family name? If so I would spell it the same regardless of gender.

Personally, I would go with a longer name since rose is your last name.

Adamina
    Gwendolyn
    Beatrix
    Lynette
    Theodora
    Rochelle
  • Options
    TalonKacieTalonKacie member
    edited December 2015
    @Bringmemylongswordho
    Yes. Oakley is a family name.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@Bringmemylongswordho
    Yes. Oakley is a family name.

Then I wouldn't change the spelling. Oakley > oakleigh.
  • Options
    holoceneholocene member
    edited December 2015
    TalonKacie said: Hey everyone! I need help. I have been looking at names and I can't seem to find any that I love. I have a few girls ones in mind but I'm indecisive.....I don't know gender yet so open to both boy and girl names. For girls the middle names we would like to be Oakleigh-Marie (family names) for girls and for a boy it would just be Oakley. Last name is Rose So far I like: Emberlynn Evolet Nova.

_______ 

I think Nova Marie Rose is your best option, and actually very pretty together.

Oakley is quite bad. In my opinion, it's the equivalent of naming your baby Quicksilver. It's just always going to be associated with a dated sunglasses brand. (I'm sorry - I am not saying that maliciously. I wish I could come up with a nicer way to say it...) I would be hesitant to use it for a child, because of this - but especially for a girl. And
    especially with the spelling Oakleigh. 

Emberlynn looks terribly made up, and I'm not even sure what Evolet is. (Again, I'm sorry)

Really though, Nova Marie Rose is a very pretty name.
  • Options
    I missed the bit where Oakley was a family name. (Duh!) I think that honouring someone is a special part of a name. It does make me more inclined to like Oakley, but I would repeat what bringmemylongswordho said about spelling it the same for both genders. 
  • Options
    Nova Marie Rose or Nova Oakley Rose.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    seeing as Oakley is a family name, definitely use it. however, please don't change it to Oakleigh if it's a girl.
    I'm biased against Nova, just because my friend's dog is named Nova. to me it'll always remind me of a dog, haha. out of the ones you listed, i like Emberlynn the best. i think the longer first name will go better with the shorter last name.
  • Options
    Nova is NMS, but at least appears to be legit. Emberlynn and Evolet are made up.

I googled Evolet and came up with some character from the movie 10,000 BC. It made me roll my eyes.
  • Options
    Nova is the only possible real name so I am not really sure what you are trying to do here... And Oakley is really better on a dog.
  • Options
    I agree about keeping the Oakley spelling regardless of gender. Choosing from your list I would go with Nova.

Suggestions based on those:
    Noelle
    Eva
    Evelyn
    Vada

Can you give us an idea of boys names you like?
  • Options
    I'm going to be honest, none of these are strong solid names that would present as an adult IMO. Nova is probably the best but it's a car and popular due to teen mom. If Oakley is a family name it truly is best in the middle because everyone else will think of the brand not that it could be a family name and in general using a brand name doesn't give off a positive vibe. I truly think you can do better.

Eden
    Kiera
    Kendra
    Cora
    Cara
    Emmeline
    Nina
    Ember maybe drop the Lynn
    Aria
    Hadley
    Autumn
    Arden
    Sloane

• Options
    The girls names are all very fussy and can't say I see a winner amongst them.

How about

Marie Oakley Rose? Oakley is already quite a strong and unusual name so I don't think it should be used with another middle name.

Gemma Oakley Rose
    Kayla Oakley Rose
    Mia Oakely Rose
    Evelyn Oakley Rose

• Options
    Definitely not two names with hyphens!