2nd Trimester

when did you break down and start wearing/buying maternity clothing?

2»

Re: when did you break down and start wearing/buying maternity clothing?

• I'm having twins. By 11 weeks I needed maternity pants!
  • I just got a whole bunch for Christmas from a friend. Hand-me-downs :) I'm still in the denial phase of not being able to fit in my regular pants for much longer, so I will have to suck it up and go get some jeans in the next few weeks or so. Lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 9 weeks here, but I fear it will be soon. Some of my more 'structured' clothes are not fitting any more. 3rd pregnancy though.
  • Try Mumberry maternity active-wear! They have a built-in belly-support band that grows with the bump! :) mumberry.com
  • I'm 15+1 and a FTM but I ordered a pair of maternity jeans on black Friday and tried them on when I got them....I haven't gone back to regular pants since then. I've since then gotten a pair or maternity dress pants, capris, and 2 more pairs of jeans. I figured I might as well get use out of them! Also leggings are amazing and until getting pregnant I was in denial about wearing them as pants but now I have no shame as long as my shirt covers my butt and lady parts! They're my best friend ha
  • 17 weeks and still fighting it!  i don't know why!  someone talk some sense into me!
  • @mmmmkay stop being a crazy person lol just kidding but really they're so comfortable and I truly believe you won't regret it!! May I ask why you are so hesitant to wear them?
  • I don't know. partially because most of my regular pants still fit okay.  though my jeans are getting a bit tight - but mostly in the thigh.
    I think it's partially because i am cheap and don't want to buy stuff.  and my job has a dumb dress code which only allows you to wear black white grey and red, which limits my options. and i already hate shopping.  and i've gained more than i have supposed to (about 12 pounds at 17 weeks, a couple pounds over the max suggested so don't want to just buy new pants because things are a little tight...  i don't know.  i'm dumb.  

i have some secret plan to only buy stretchy regular clothes that i could fit into after too.  but i have not yet figured out how to execute this plan.

the even dumber thing is that my friends gave me four big boxes of maternity clothes that i haven't even looked at yet!

• You're not dumb at all!! If your other clothes still fit that's awesome! I love being super comfortable and already hate jeans so anything more comfortable is my go to lol. That's really difficult to have a dress code! I looked for sales online because I had shopping and spending money. The only time I went in a store was at destination maternity I went in and they have their clearance buy one item get the 2nd for $5 so I got a couple jeans and dress shirts!
  • I bought maternity clothes but was too skittish to actually take the tags off and wear them. So they sat in my closet for a long time in case something bad happened and they needed to be returned.

But I looooove them, you get to the point where real clothes are just awful.
  • Mumberry has the best leggings ever! Instead of buying a belly-support band AND a pair of pants, you can get two in one. All of their clothes have the "MumBand" (a belly-support band) built-in to them so they give a ton of support! And they grow with your belly so you can wear them all through being pregnant :) mumberry.com
  • It looks like mumberry is just athletic gear?  i will need that os thank you.. but wondering if i am missing something.