Baby Names
Options

More help for boy/girl twins- 31 weeks pregnant

I previously posted a poll of names we are considering for our baby girl.  We are having twins, and our baby boy will be Charles (nn Charlie) after my husband.  We are stuck on a girl's name and I am 31 weeks pregnant and getting nowhere. I love Elise; my husband loves Juliet.  Her middle name will likely be Rose after my grandmother.

Any suggestions on other name possibilities? I love Irish and classic names.  Our last name is very Irish and I like the idea of it matching.  We considered Meredith for awhile and ended up deciding it wasn't right.  Appreciate any help- thank you!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: More help for boy/girl twins- 31 weeks pregnant

• Options
    I love Elise but I'm not a fan of Juliet personally, maybe Julia?
    Maybe expand Rose into Rosalie?
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bridget
    Irene
    Felicity
    Vanessa
    Helena

I also prefer Elise over Juliet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    littleloves3littleloves3 member
    edited December 2015
    Funny, my husband just suggested Eva and Felicity. 

• Options
    Maeve
    and i love both juliet and elise
  • Options
    I love Maeve but my husband does not (story of this entire process).  

Thoughts on Eva Rose?  Will she be one of 5 in her class? (my biggest fear)

• Options
    holoceneholocene member
    edited November 2015
    I'm Eva, and I actually only know of one other Eva in real life - the woman I was named after. (pronounced like on Wall-E) 

I love the suggestion of the name Maeve, it's one of two middle names we are considering for our girl due in a couple of weeks. Our last name is also very Irish, and I love the way they sound together. 

Charles ____ & Eva Rose
    Charles ____ & Elise Rose 
    Charles ____ & Maeve Rose

They are all really pretty options. 
  • Options
    littleloves3littleloves3 member
    edited December 2015
    While I love all of those options, the only one we can agree on is Eva, and we can't agree on the pronunciation. (I would default to the Wall-E pronunciation, while he is saying Ay-vuh)

Thanks for the help, all! Will report back when these babies show up ;-)

• Options

I like Elise!

I think Eva would have to be pronounced E-vuh and not Ay-Vuh because there are a million girls named Ava now, so everyone will assume Eva is E-vuh anyway.

• Options
    Maura
    Phillipa
    Esme
    Freya
    Isobel
    Niamh
    Harriet
    Carys
    Elsa
    Jemima
  • Options
    I love Elise!!
  • Options
    Well I guess I'm the odd man but I love Juliet, it's DD's name. We also have a very Irish last name and we constantly get compliments on how refreshing the name is. Elise isn't my style though. I do really like Eva too. Other suggestions could be Genevieve NN Eva or Evie?
  • Options
    @holocene did you have any issues with pronunciation growing up? Did you have any nicknames? I do think Evie is very sweet

• Options
    Every time i see boy/girl twin naming questions, I'm SO tempted to suggest Jack and Jill - i've never seen that and it's such a guilty pleasure for me. 

But if you're looking for Irish-inspired names, how about Ronan and Ruth? Or something similar. If you want something very gaelic, I'm not entirely sure about boys but for girls, you could rock Saoirse (Seer-sha) or Deirdre. 
  • Options
    holoceneholocene member
    edited December 2015
    @holocene did you have any issues with pronunciation growing up? Did you have any nicknames? I do think Evie is very sweet

My name is actually spelled Evah, which I think helped with the pronunciation issue before Ava became popular. I may have gotten Ev-ahhh a couple times. (With the Ev like the start of Evan) And at least one teacher a year would read it as Evan Lastname during attendance. But for the most part, people did really well! 

My Dad calls me Evie, and I love it. I haven't actually given my name that much thought before, but now that I'm looking to name my daughter, I have to say that I'm really happy with the choices my mom made.