Secondary IF

~~ 2IF Weekly Check In (11/30/15) ~~

Cycle Status:

QOTW: What is/are your favorite winter holiday tradition(s)?
Me: 43, DH: 41
DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
TTC #2 since 1/2015
8/2015 - "unexplained IF", started Levothyroxine
9/27/15 - IUI #1 (unmedicated) - BFN
10/26/15 - IUI #2 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
11/21/15 - IUI #3 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
12/18/15 - IUI #4 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN

Re: ~~ 2IF Weekly Check In (11/30/15) ~~

• Cycle Status: 9dpiui. 2nd week of 2ww, which is always harder than the first for me. Not feeling any symptoms (again) other than general ickiness from the progesterone. Not feeling optimistic, and trying to distract myself.

QOTW: We celebrate everything at our house - Chanukah, Winter Solstice, Christmas. Basically the entire month of December is one giant celebration! We have a lot of wonderful family traditions, but the one that is most meaningful to me is one that was passed down from my grandma. She used to send my sister and I 8 presents for Chanukah, one for each night. My sister and I were very close to my grandma until her death 6 years ago. Our children never got to meet her. So we decided that we'd carry on her Chanukah tradition for eachother's kids - I get presents for my niece and nephew and she gets presents for my son. We wrap them and write on them like Gram used to do... they don't understand yet, but it's really special, and it's our way of keeping her around. :)
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015

• wishing you luck @ErikaMG! Are you going to POAS or just wait for beta? waiting is so hard.

CD9 over here. the holidays are upon us and i am currently being haunted by multiple angel baby EDDs this week. pass the booze please. all of it.

QOTW: we don't have specific holiday traditions, but it's mandatory that once the turkey has his day it's christmas music all day every day until the 25th. this year we are having a white christmas up in the mountains, i can't wait!
    Me: 36, DH: 36
    DH's SA = normal
    1 tube only wonder
    AFC 3-5, AMH 0.30

BFP #1 3/29/11.  EDD 12/4/11... Missed m/c 5/9/11. Cytotec fail. D&C 5/17/11.
    BFP #2   7/5/11.  EDD 3/14/12... Our rainbow Kellen born 3/14/12 via c/s.
    BFP #3 5/30/13.  EDD 2/8/14...  6wk u/s HB 126. 8wk u/s lost HB. D&C 7/12/13.
    BFP #4 2/18/14.  EDD 10/30/14... Ruptured ectopic with L tube removed & D&C 3/7/14.
    BFP #5 7/27/14.  EDD 4/9/15...  m/c @ 5w4d.

IVF #1    Oct 2014 - antagonist protocol: 9R, 7M, 5F. 3dt of 3 Grade 2 embies. BFN. 
    IVF #2    Jan 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.  Converted to IUI #1. BFFN
    IVF #2.1 March 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.

BFP #6  (SUPRISE!) 3/19/15.  EDD 11/30/15...  CP at 4w2d.
    IUI #2:    Clomid + Follistim = 3 follies. BFN.
    IVF #2.2 May 2015 - horrible response to micro lupron flare protocol: 3R, 3M, 3F. 3dt of 2 Grade 3 embies. BFFN. 

BFP #7 (beyond surprised again!) 4/26/16. EDD 1/5/17. beautiful betas!!!! and then near-fatal hemorrhagic corpus luteum. turns out baby was ectopic after all; another lap 5/6 (@24dpo).

the universe can fuck off.

"You are overly paranoid and delusional that every one is out to get you." -lastsliverofhope

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    all AL welcome. TTC #2 for 43 44 months.
    follow my infertility journey here at timestandsstillblog.com

• Loading the player...
  • ErikaMGErikaMG member
    edited November 2015
    @Jodee37 - I'll POAS before I leave for the airport on Friday, then again on Saturday when I'm in Florida. Saturday would have been my beta if I was going to be in town...

Xmas in the mountains sounds lovely! Do you ski?
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015

• Good luck @ErikaMG  Hoping this is your month

I am on CD 4 but when I went in for my baseline yesterday they found a cyst on my right ovary so no meds until it goes away. They want me to come back in next monday to check on it and hopefully it is going down.  I figure the cycle is shot (other than trying the old fashioned way at home) but the nurse said if it shrinks enough and my estrogen goes down by monday we can start then.  I am thinking it just make sense to move to IVF next cycle.  Just have to run it by my husband who would rather wait another few cycles but I am tired of waiting. He is away for work this whole week so it's just me and DS.

QOTW: My favorite winter/holiday tradition is going downtown with my brother, SIL, and cousin and his wife and all of our kids to see the christmas light show at macys.  I remember going as a kid and it's such  fun day. We take the train which my son LOVES and then usually go out to lunch after all together (all though this year everyone is too busy to find a date that works for all of us and a meal so just the show)
  • Hey ladies!

Our adoption profile went live on Monday in one location and will be live in all 6 states by Friday!  So now we wait!

QOTW:  We celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas in this house so December is a super busy time for us!  This year I made DH take care of all of the Hanukkah gifts so I'm curious to see what he's getting the girls.  We chop down our tree each year and always go to the best breakfast with Santa.

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• @Rachlee2010 - Sorry to hear about the cyst and (possibly) missed cycle. Hope it disappears on its own quickly and you're able to move forward with an IUI this cycle.

I love hearing about all these holiday traditions! I also love taking DS down to Macy's but to see Santa. Macy's Santa is the best Santa ever, and the only one I'll take my son to see. Such a magical experience! @Rachlee2010, my son loves taking the train too. Other holiday traditions we love are our annual trip to Stew Leonards where we get our tree and go shopping for decorations and treats (they have fun animated decorations there, a santa walking around, and a toy train that goes around the store too), baking cookies and making a gingerbread house, Christmas Eve at my Aunt's house, and Second Christmas at my sister's house up in Albany! Basically we party the entire month of December. This year, we're also taking DS on a Polar Express train ride in Kingston. Can't wait! It's a surprise for him, and he's going to totally freak out! :)
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015

• @ErikaMG FX for you!!!
    @Jodee37 hugs!! The holidays are hard enough as it is without being reminded of angle babies. We are here for you!! And cheers to bring gong on the booze lol :)
    @rachlee2010 I hope that cyst goes away soon! I had a 50mm one one cycle when cycling for #1. It sucked! I hope you aren't in any pain.
    @Frenchteachermama That is exciting news about the profile!!! I have everything crossed for you!!!

I have been MIA here lately and just been busy with being out of town and a plague in our home before that. I am gonna try to be more active again. I am on BCPs waiting to start Lupron on the 20th to prepare for a FET. We are just preparing as a precaution in case my 16- 2PN embryos don't grow well to day 5 for biopsy for PGS testing. The goal is to grow and biopsy and re freeze and then transfer a healthy single embryo in Feb or March. If they aren't growing well and there aren't many left on day 3 we will do a double transfer of two untested embryos. This is why we are preparing my body just in case. Hopefully though, I won't need to transfer this cycle :)

QOTW: I don't have any particar traditions anymore it seems like. I need to get some to start with DS next year :)
    ~~ All Welcome~~
    ME: 32, SER aggregates on eggs, anovulatory
    DH:  33, 2% morphology
    TTC #1 
    2 clomid cycles, 3 hybrid clomid/bravelle IUI's = 4 BFN/1 CP@ 5.5 weeks
    IUI #6 -Follitism IUI cycle converted to IVF and back to IUI-4 mature, 3 maybe mature = BFP!!   DS Born 9/2014
    TTC#2 
    IVF #1 9/15 Antagonist- 19 R 1F (Frozen day 1 @ 2PN stage) Diagnosed with SER aggregates in 13/19 eggs after failed fertilization
    IVF #2 11/15 Antagonist w/ICSI  (Higher stims & Letrosole added last minute on stim day 7)- 39R, 24M (20/24 SER free), 15F (14/15 SER free & all frozen @ 2PN stage) 
    FET#1 Cultured all 16- 2pn embryos to day 5- transferred 1 good hatching blast and 1 early blast on 1/28- None to freeze - beta 2/5

• @ErikaMG- FX!!!!  I know the wait must be so hard!  I'll keep you in my prayers for good news!   And everyone else too!

@Rachlee- I had a cyst a few cycles back and it is very hard to be mentally prepared to start and then not have it happen... it's good that they know exactly the right time to start you, though.

Thinking of all of you and sending you all good wishes!!!!

Today I learned that my one little embryo made it to the blast stage.  It will be 10-14 days before we find out if it is genetically normal... so I need to keep my fingers crossed!!!

QOTW:  We celebrate Hanukkah in our house.  It is always fun and we mix in a few family parties and lots of presents.  I like to go to all thefun holiday events around town-- tree lightings and light shows.  I really love this season (not the cold weather, but the holiday spirit!)

• Looks like everyone has something exciting to look forward to this month! Hoping for the best for all of you! Started birth control 10 days ago, had a large cyst so I go in on the 10th for a check. Good news is, we got two samples that are good enough for IUI! We thought for sure we'd be straight to IVF but we lucked out. But I guess we'll be proceeding with that after my cyst is gone. Those of you who've done IUIs did you do injections?

My favorite holiday tradition is doing the 12 days of Christmas anonymously for another family. We let our kids help pick out small gifts, treats, etc, and leave a cute note on them each day and ding dong ditch a family we know :) it's pretty fun for all of us and really teaches our kiddos about the spirit of giving!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @Marissaw5 I have IUI's with clomid, clomid + injections hybrid cycles, and straight up injection cycles.  My old RE said the hybrid cycles are close in effectivness to all injectable cycles with success but cost a lot less.  I had success with my first with an all injectable IUI. 
    ~~ All Welcome~~
    ME: 32, SER aggregates on eggs, anovulatory
    DH:  33, 2% morphology
    TTC #1 
    2 clomid cycles, 3 hybrid clomid/bravelle IUI's = 4 BFN/1 CP@ 5.5 weeks
    IUI #6 -Follitism IUI cycle converted to IVF and back to IUI-4 mature, 3 maybe mature = BFP!!   DS Born 9/2014
    TTC#2 
    IVF #1 9/15 Antagonist- 19 R 1F (Frozen day 1 @ 2PN stage) Diagnosed with SER aggregates in 13/19 eggs after failed fertilization
    IVF #2 11/15 Antagonist w/ICSI  (Higher stims & Letrosole added last minute on stim day 7)- 39R, 24M (20/24 SER free), 15F (14/15 SER free & all frozen @ 2PN stage) 
    FET#1 Cultured all 16- 2pn embryos to day 5- transferred 1 good hatching blast and 1 early blast on 1/28- None to freeze - beta 2/5

• Cycle Status:
    I did Clomid cycle days 4-8 last month and was asked to do a pregnancy test this weekend and call the office. I have been having brown discharge for 3 days and today it's turning red and I have cramps. So period tonight or tomorrow morning I suspect. They will up my Clomid dose next month and start monitoring that week of Dec 14th. Maybe next month will be a little Christmas miracle??

QOTW: What is/are your favorite winter holiday tradition(s)?

My husband remembers always visiting the Brandywine River Museum of Art (in South Eastern PA) as a kid with his grandpa to see the miniature train displays they only put out at Christmas. This year he wants to invite my dad along because my father in law has passed, and he wants to start the tradition with our 2 year old son. I like having our tree up by Thanksgiving weekend and candles in the windows. We have also started doing an annual Santa train, similar to a polar express experience. This year we are waiting until our Brother and Sister in law and nephew make it into town for the week of Christmas.

Good luck ladies and happy holidays!!
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • @1983Lindsey2 thanks for the info!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml