1st Trimester

breakouts on chest and back

edited November 2015 in 1st Trimester
I am 15 week pregnant and since I found out I was pregnant I have been breaking out like crazy on my back and chest. It is very itchy and very uncomfortable thank goodness it's not summer but if I wear a v-neck or circle neck shirt I have to wear a scarf to cover up because you can see my breakouts and I am so embarrassed.  My doc gave me a cream but it's not working. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I can use that will work? I heard tea tree oil but I'm not sure. I just so embarrassed on how it looks i don't even want my husband to look at me. Hopefully someone hs some advice that can help.. 

Re: breakouts on chest and back

• I wouldn't do anything without my doctor knowing.  If what your doctor gave you isn't work, tell them.
    Me (23) & DH (26)
    TTC #1 since 2/2015
    BFP 2/26/15    |     EDD 11/4/15     |     Natural M/C 3/11/12 @ 6 weeks
    BFP 6/17/15    |     EDD 2/26/15     |     Empty Sac 7/13/15  @ 7 weeks     |    D&C 8/10/15
    BFP 11/26/15  |     EDD 8/9/16       |     Natural M/C 12/2/15 @ 4 weeks
    BFP 1/4/16      |     EDD 9/8/16       |     It's a BOY!                                      |     Hudson born 9/16/16
    Working with RE to begin infertility testing 12/2015

• I just bought the belli stuff for acne yesterday and omg its working already! Im 19 wks with major breakouts on my face. Its made for pregnancy so its safe.
  • Loading the player...
  • hormonal breakouts are really tough to deal with.. i was breaking out in the 1st Tri as well. it went away for me in 2nd Tri, so hopefully it will for you too! until then i would talk to your doctor about some options.
  • This is really common in the first trimester. I experienced it with all of my pregnancies. It sucks, for sure. Exfoliate, moisturize, and just wait for it to pass when you hit the second trimester. It's all hormonal, so there's not much you can do.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I've got the cystic bacne as well as *TMI* chest/boob black heads popping up. They're yuck, but I'm assuming hormonal. I'm just glad they're not on my face as I've had cystic acne show up on my cheeks in the past and that was absolute hell. Warm baths with eucalyptus or lavender or something soothing in the tub. Also running hot water on a cold tub and creating a bit of a steam room can feel nice too. I think it's mainly just trying to make yourself comfortable at this point though. Bacne is a cold bitch and comes and goes as she pleases in my experience. Oh also fresh night shirts daily and fresh sheets weekly help keep bacteria at a minimum.
  • I had terrible acne once my pregnancy started. I splurged on good acne wash a scrub from philosophy then switched to the clinque face/body wash and scrubs both work amazing for me! I noticed to if I eat like crap for a day or 2 it gets bad not as bad since i switched washes though. Also I have been changing sheets and pillow cases weekly.
  • edited December 2015
    I hate being a downer but I'm 16 weeks along... I exercise, eat VERY healthy, don't wear face makeup, and yet my acne (face, back, chest) is out of control. I have yet to find anything that really helps, I'm using proactiv now (my OB OK'd it) but it's not helping. I just keep trying to remind myself it will all be worth it soon! Best of luck to u! I bought the belli wash yesterday- if it works for me I'll definitely update my post!
  • Where can I find the belli wash?
  • Where can I find the belli wash?

Amazon prime :-)