June 2015 Moms

Christmas gifts thread

We have a thread on what we want, and a thread on products... But I'm curious to hear what everyone is doing for their families and babies.

Do you have a gift you're giving that you're particularly excited about?

Do you have a gift giving tradition or plan that you're following?

Anything else you want to share or ask?

Re: Christmas gifts thread

• Loading the player...
  • I work at a bookstore, so everyone knows to expect books. :) We're not planning to do much for LO since he won't really know what's happening yet and our families will get him a lot. But we do want to start a tradition for him: maybe a book we inscribe and a new set of PJs for Christmas Eve.
  • aresee said:

I work at a bookstore, so everyone knows to expect books. :) We're not planning to do much for LO since he won't really know what's happening yet and our families will get him a lot. But we do want to start a tradition for him: maybe a book we inscribe and a new set of PJs for Christmas Eve.

This is what I did for my son but now I have to put on the whole Santa show so I need even gifts lol
  • We're doing a photo calendar of LO to give the grandparents. I put together some ideas from Pinterest and bought a few things to create themes for each months photo. I'm excited to see it come together!
  • @hoodoll82, if she's showing or starting to show, maybe a gift card for maternity clothes.  Some sort of spa gift card would be nice too, so she can pick having a pre-natal massage, pedi, etc.
  • @hoodoll82 how about nice maternity pajamas with a matching robe for now and then for when she is in the hospital and at home recovering?
  • What are you getting dh? Need some ideas, I'm at a loss this year
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• mindaa said:

What are you getting dh? Need some ideas, I'm at a loss this year

I got DH a nice sweater that he wanted, a mini crockpot lunch warmer since he doesn't have access to a microwave at work, and 93,000 shower jelly from lush. It's supposed to help relieve sore muscles. We keep our limit to $50.
  • Any small ideas under 10 bucks for daycare teachers? All I got is candles...
  • @cait7425 picture coffee mug is a perfect idea for my mom, thanks! still need something else but that solves my question about what to do with the photo of her kids and grandkids that we have from Halloween
  • hudson202hudson202 member
    edited November 2015
    ^^shutterfly has tons of deals right now. I just bought both grandma's picture coffee cups and picture ornaments, and they were 40%off with free shipping, and I just got a notification to use promocode "CYBERDEAL" to get and additional 25%off

@slr1229 maybe $10 Starbucks card?
  • jessieR358jessieR358 member
    edited November 2015
    slr1229 said:

Any small ideas under 10 bucks for daycare teachers? All I got is candles...

LED ones? ;)

Edited bc the app is doing weird things on my phone
  • @slr1229 Nordstrom rack has free shipping today and had lots of nice jewelry for that price (Alex and ani earrings were 10.97)
  • I got DH a Ryobi radio from Home Depot. It's blue tooth accessible and comes with an extra battery that fits with his other Ryobi tools. He knows he's getting it. It was about $60.

LO is getting a few toys/clothes and we're opening a savings account for him

I have to figure out something for our parents and my niece. My sister and I decided not to gifts for each other this year or each other's husbands.

We did a Christmas photo shoot so I may do a photo book or calendar for them. I like the photo mug idea for MIL, though.
  • We decided to get one of the PB animal rockers. Maybe one day she'll pass it onto her kids. Now have to decide which animal!
  • DH has been wanting a gel foam mattress topper for a while since he gets really hot. I found one last night on sale so that's what he's getting.
  • I wasn't planning on getting LO anything but cyber monday Amazon had a vtech walker light up toy and a stacking block and ring set for really low prices so I figured it would be nice to have her have two presents. I'm sure she won't care and will get stuff from grandparents (neither are the spoiling with gifts type though). DH and I don't exchange gifts because 1)I'm cheap 2) I don't have time to think of something to get him 3) I'm cheap 4) if we want something in life we are both really realistic in purchasing it. Neither of us buy things we don't need. I sound like a whole lotta fun.
    hahahahaha we bought LO the exact same two things from Amazon on Monday. :-)
  • We got LO a shape sorting toy, a remote, and a phone. He is crazy about phones and remotes, so I'm sure he'll be happy about those. Honestly, he's already got the phone. We're just going to put it in his stocking the night before.
    He's also got the Nightmare Before Christmas book. We're also starting his college account.

DH is getting new sheets, a rug, and a quilt.
    I'm getting a bedframe and headboard.
    Basically we're finishing our bedroom. Lol.
    He's also getting my rings resized , but I'm not supposed to know about that.
  • My dad just called me practically hysterical because he and my mom found LO "THE PERFECT GIFT OMGGGGGG" (does this reflect that my dad sounded like a 14 yr old girl? hahahaha). They got her a BeatBo after hearing kathy lee and hoda talked about it a week or so ago. Does anyone have one of these? The videos online look pretty cool
  • @bethanne09 where did you find the phone and remote? LO has developed a fascination with both those items