High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Irritable Uterus in 1st tri?

Not sure if this is the place to ask but thought maybe some of you would know:)
I have been cramping on and off since 6weeks(now almost 11), and some very light spotting. The cramping has increased to daily now, pretty much every day around 3/5pm till I go to sleep. Some are painful, some are more manageable. This is my 4th pregnancy so I knew it wasn't just regular cramps. It worries me Bc they have increased and are more painful. I know there isn't much that can be done this early on.
I talked to my midwife the other day and she mentioned it could possibly be a bladder infection or a irritable uterus(showing no other signs for infection).
I have tried to look up as much info as I can but can't find much for IU in first trimester. Anyone have experience with this?
I know it's not an official diagnosis and I will discuss more at our next appt

Re: Irritable Uterus in 1st tri?

• Options
    I got this diagnosis around 20 weeks. I was having contractions that were super irregular. It was uncomfortable, but not painful. I had to watch my activity level and stay hydrated. Since cutting down on my activity level, I haven't had as many issues.
  • Options
    PlainJane8350PlainJane8350 member
    edited November 2015
    I'd stay hydrated and if they're concerned, then they can give you something to relax it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had it with my sons pregnancy. Mine started right around week 12. I was on restricted activity (no lifting heavy and moving around more than 2) minutes at a time) by 25 weeks. Then strict bedrest at 30 due to preterm labor and high BP. Then Stricter bedrest at 34 weeks for very dangerous BP (170/98). Made it to 37...miserable. But the ute was angry and my BP was not nice so I'm glad we stopped labkr twice and that I knew it was real when I happened. So much different than the irritable uterus stuff.

Just keep track of what happens when you are further along. I went into contractions every 3 minute for almost a week without actually being in labor. But when it hit, it hit. Helped my OB determine what was what. Good notes help and if your BP goes up like mine did much later in pregnancy, get an in home test thing and do it several times a day. Makes you feel bettermr even when it's bad.

Good luck! My son was perfect after a few minor labor issues with me. So worth it in the end :)
  • Options
    I had an irritable uterus with my first pregnancy and went into preterm labor at 24wks - then put on bed rest, where I remained until delivery at 39wks. I didn't bleed though. This pregnancy I am bleeding and I have a subchorionic hematoma. The cramping prior to bleeding reminded me of my first pregnancy so I thought nothing of it ... I'd suggest asking for an u/s to confirm your diagnosis and to confirm its nothing else. Best of luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml