2nd Trimester
Options

Headaches

Anyone experiencing headaches? I'm fourteen weeks pregnant and I know headaches are pretty common beginning of first trimester but now that I'm out of that, I'm starting to be concerned. I've been having headaches constantly every day for about a week and a half now. Anyone have any personal insight on this?

Re: Headaches

• Options
    Yes. I'm now 34 weeks and have headaches constantly. I've had them the whole time I've been pregnant though. If it's constant you should mention it to your doctor though. Not saying you should be concerned about it but if you have certain other symptoms it could be preeclampsia. I'm wouldn't be too concerned about it though. Take some regular strength tylenol for it. It should help.
    Also certain foods can be linked to headaches. And I'm sure you have to eat a lot of those foods to get headaches(Chocolate,caffeine,caffeine withdrawal, bananas, peanut butter, avocado, etc). I've been craving chocolate milk though so I know some of my headaches are from that.
  • Options
    I started getting headache around then as well. For me, a cup of green tea or really anything with caffeine always did the trick. I have not taken Tylenol but it is considered safe to do so if you'd want to try that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the same thing. My dr has me taking a magnesium oxide supplement and I haven't had a headache since!
  • Options
    I have been having horrible headaches not fixed by Tylenol or caffeine. My doctor prescribed fiurocet which helped sometimes. She then sent me to a neurologist. We tried a steroid pack but that still didn't help. The next thing is an antidepressant but I'm not sure I am comfortable with it. I picked it up from the pharmacy but haven't started it yet. I'm waiting to talk to my ob on Wednesday ( even though the neurologist called her while I was sitting there) about side effects and things like that.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers