Stay at Home Moms
Options

Hunting widow

So my husband is driving me insane with hunting season. He is literally never home anymore and I feel like a single parent. Any other ladies out there dealing with this? And if so, how do you cope?

Re: Hunting widow

• Options
    My husband is not a hunter, but he does have other interests and activities that take him away from the house.
    Recently I had an honest talk with him about how it was kind of a bummer that so much of his energy was going to his hobbies, and not to his family. He really listened, and has taken measures to reduce the amount of attention that goes to his hobbies. It might be worth a try just to have a talk with your DH about it....
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options
    Lurker, not a mom yet.

I fully expect this will be me at times after we have kids. I like having fresh, wild game essentially for free, so I know it will be worth it to me.

I know my cousin often feels this way, but she likes the meat enough to deal with it.

Can you and the kids go hunting with him? That's what I hope to do as much as possible. My dad went hunting in diapers with his parents.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband is obsessed with deer hunting. He is hunting right now as a matter of fact. This is my 12th season with him and while it was hard to adjust to at first, I've learned it's easier to accept it for what it is. That being said, we have had to have some serious discussions about the time he spends away and he's learning to balance and be more considerate. We have 2 girls, 8&6, who love to go with him, so it's been nice that he can begin sharing it with them and it kind of makes it more of a daddy-daughter thing. That they also look forward too. I do not share even a little bit of that passion, so I've learned to enjoy the time to myself. I miss him when he's gone, and it makes it sweeter when he is home.