February 2016 Moms
Options

Feeling accomplished, anyone else?

Feeling like I actually got something done is hard to come by now a days with all the napping, snacking, working, and resting. This afternoon though, I got back to my registry and really put a HUGE dent in it. I feel more confident with some invites out that I have a good bit of what I wanted to register for on the list. Although the house is a mess and we still have a lot to do before baby, having my registry mostly complete relieves a lot of anxiety! Anyone else feeling really great about getting something done?

Re: Feeling accomplished, anyone else?

• Options
    I cleaned my entire apartment, which was shortly messed up by my husband and the cats, but I still did it and man did it feel good! I also stocked up on litter today. Won't need more until after the baby is born.
    Oh AND I started cooking again, sometimes! That's a huge deal for me
  • Options
    @thisusername I hear ya, girl! Anything I get done that I am not expecting to lately feels so amazing! Also, I had cats so I feel you on the happiness of stocking up on little. Go you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @oxsarah7ox we use the walnut litter (which is more pricey than clay but lasts way longer and doesn't smell at all) and the 26 pound bags are usually 25.99, but today they were 50% off, AND I had a $15 reward, so essentially I just got 52 pounds of walnut litter for $12.
    It was the only time I will ever go out on Black Friday. (also all those employees had thanksgiving off and they opened an hour early, but I went late afternoon.)
    It was just An amazing feeling. There's no way I want to be running to the store at 38 weeks or something to get litter.

So there's that feeling of extra pride too with the litter! I was so excited. Screw TVs pet supplies are where the savings at!
  • Options
    I got my registry done a few weeks ago. My first shower is next weekend, so I didn't have a choice. But other than that... nothing is done! I'm in school full time and work full time. I'm done with school on December 18th. And I work at a school, so we will be on Christmas break then. I'm hoping I can get a lot done in those 2 weeks. But we will see how I feel.
  • Options
    maluevano said:

I got my registry done a few weeks ago. My first shower is next weekend, so I didn't have a choice. But other than that... nothing is done! I'm in school full time and work full time. I'm done with school on December 18th. And I work at a school, so we will be on Christmas break then. I'm hoping I can get a lot done in those 2 weeks. But we will see how I feel.

The fact that you're still working and going to school should keep you feeling accomplished anyways!
  • Options
    I agree with @thisusername you should definitely feel good about all you are doing now @maluevano! Seriously :)
  • Options
    Thanks @thisusername & @oxsarah7ox! It's been tough. But I know it'll be worth it when I have my degree! Thanks for the support! Sometimes it just takes someone from the outside to see that!
  • Options
    Last weekend, we set up the glider and bookshelf in baby's room, so all the furniture is now assembled!

As for the registry, it's an ongoing project for me. I think all the "big" things I need are on there, but I can't help logging in and adding/removing/changing things all the time. It's super addicting!

Today I'm going to try and clean out our "junk" closet in our guest room/study and move a bunch of crap down to our basement. But first...cuddling with my cat by the fireplace.
  • Options
    I stressed about my registry and making sure I had lots of stuff for people to pick from in different price points. About 4 people purchased from the registry. I use it now for a check off list of things I still need and things I want. I like that I get the rewards points for BRU too!

I did a major clean on the master bedroom and bathroom closets and the hall linen closet! 4 trash bags later, I'm worn out! I feel very accomplished with that. Three tasks off of my long to do list!
  • Options
    I am feeling very under accomplished lately. I have very little energy to do much of anything and every time I start to feel productive I realize I've been overdoing it and have to back off because I start feeling contractions. To top it off I have not even gotten our Christmas tree up, which is a huge deal because I'm one of those people who has it up right away after Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    You will get there @camusoh. Make sure you are taking rests when you need to, it helps much more that way! Hopefully you don't stress too much about what you have done and don't have done. You don't want to hurt yourself. It'll all come together. Just getting out of bed and doing little things is an accomplishment enough, girl :)
  • Options
    We bought a dresser today to put all of LO clothes in, and wanted to pick up the crib since it came in but it doesn't fit in our car. Now I have no idea what to do since they don't deliver and I know no one with a truck :(
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I finished putting childproof latches on all of our cupboards today. We've been in the house for almost 8 months... But in my defense, my husband had said many times that he would take care of it since I did it at our old house, and I've hung all of our curtain rods, toilet paper holders and towel rods, and got the child proofing started. One too many times of my one year old getting his hands on the toilet brushes, and I caved!

Oh, and I made some amazing mint brownies! Possibly my best accomplishment.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @achae That is awful! Isn't there anyone at their store that would take a little pity on a pregnant person that has a truck that could drop it off for a few bucks? I would totally ask them! Good luck, I hope you can get it to your place soon! 

@MississippiCatfish that is great! Sometimes we have to do things ourselves ;) I am sure the brownies are delicious. I have had so many brownies in my life, but not mint!
  • Options
    Yeah!

There's still a lot to do, but we went furniture shopping on Saturday and got: a dresser for the baby's room, a mirror, a pretty old frame I'm going to turn into a blackboard, a TV stand with bookshelves, a coat rack to hang in the laundry room, several shelves for our storage unit in the basement, and a giant wine rack. Some of the stuff is from an antique store and will be delivered next week. The rest is Ikea - but my husband already put a whole bunch of it together.

We're assembling things in the livingroom, so it looks like a disaster zone right now, but we got so much done! Once the furniture is in place, we can start getting our crap a little more organized and clear some space for this little man.
  • Options
    H painted and set up the crib last week so over the weekend I went in and moved all the random crap we have for the baby out from the guest bedroom where it was staying for him to paint, and back into the nursery and organized in the wardrobe/cabinet and closet (mostly because a friend stayed the night after a day of over-consumption watching our alumni rival football game on Black Friday). On Saturday we went to the little local antique/refurbished shabby chic shops by my house for Small Business Saturday and I found a nightstand to go in the nursery that matches the crib color perfectly so I'm going to use that in the nursing corner I set up once I get a chair.

The other thing I accomplished was vacuuming the downstairs of our house last night and meal planned for the week. This may not seem major, but it was HUGE for me since we've been back from vacation. I'm hoping H will vacuum up the stairs today before our ultrasound, and I can vacuum the upstairs after and before we leave to go to dinner at my aunt and uncle's house. Our upstairs desperately needs vacuuming due to being all carpet and 2 long-haired dogs..

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    DH and I spent time this weekend working in the room that will eventually be the nursery.  I went through 6 boxes of stuff and got it down to 2.  DH was so proud of me.  I'm not so good at getting rid of stuff.  Now, we can finally see the floor of the room.  We're combining my craft room and the guest bedroom so I didn't just want to throw all my stuff into the guest room without taking the time to make that room usable also.  That's why it's taking so long.  Next weekend we plan to get some paint on the walls of the nursery......

BabyFruit Ticker

Feb16 October Siggy Challenge- Favorite Halloween Candy

Image result for reese's peanut butter cup pumpkin
  • Options
    MrsAguirre117MrsAguirre117 member
    edited November 2015
    I'm feeling super proud of myself for working out at least 3 days a week my entire pregnancy. I'm almost 30 weeks and although the pregnancy in general has given me a lot more energy and has helped me feel a lot calmer than I was pre-pregnancy, I'm proud of myself for sticking to a workout regime this whole time. It has helped with the aches and pains, the anxiety of being a first time mom and has helped me to sleep. And honestly, I think my baby loves it too.He has become super active in the third trimester and I feel him moving ALL the time. What's great is it seems every time I go for a walk I feel like I'm rocking him to sleep because by the time I'm done he's done moving around for awhile, so I feel like I'm doing something good for myself and my son. That makes me one proud mom.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers