Trying to Get Pregnant

Introduction (Finally!)

Hi Everyone,

I have lurked for probably longer than is healthy and figured it was finally time to introduce myself. My husband and I are both 33 and live in Northern Virginia. We were married in June 2014 and I went off of birth control in April 2015. We've been trying ever since. We've been using the Glow app (primarily because we LOVE the feature where it alerts my husband to my approximate fertile window without me constantly jumping him) and I do use OPKs as well. I have to admit that I haven't been temping/charting because we wanted to try for a while without being too, too scientific, but I caved and bought a BBT and plan to start this month. 

We have two dogs who are my current babies.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! 
Me: 34
Husband: 34
Married: June 2014

Re: Introduction (Finally!)

• Welcome! I hope your stay here is short! I know how you feel about being "too scientific" but temping just helps me feel like I'm doing everything I can.
    FX you get your BFP soon!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Welcome! Temping is not for everyone, really. I feel that I would be completely fine without temping (TW: when I got PG with my loss, temping had nothing to do with it) because you only confirm O after the fact. But temping helps me make sure I did actually O (you can turn OPKs, have all the symptoms and not ovulate), have a chart to keep track of my cycle, know when I can expect AF and when to test, and sometimes even see if my temp drops so I know AF is coming and I save a test. It's just an aid to help you get to know what happens in your body.

We all have different ways of doing this!

I hope your stay is short!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello to a fellow VA resident and fellow newbie!  I'm from RVA.  I have also been using Glow, but I'm transitioning to FF.  The FL/No BFP board was starting to drive me crazy, and I don't have the willpower not to look at it, so I had to cut myself off.  

Here's hoping we both have a short stay!
  • Hello & Welcome :)

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Welcome!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Welcome!  I had the exact same thoughts about temping, but I will be starting soon as well.  We can blunder through it together.
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    BFP #1 Nov 2015 ended in MC Dec 26 2015
    BFP #2 Feb 2016, EDD Nov 8 2016

• Welcome!! I know a lot of people say temping can be an added stressor however for me I felt it relieved a lot of stress because I know when I Od, if I hit my FW, and when to test. I do it every morning with my eyes closed and go back to sleep. Of course it's your choice but just wanted to highlight that side as well! Good luck!
  • Hello & Welcome!

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker