Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched/TTA Wednesday Mini (11/25)

edited November 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Since we have Thanksgiving this week in the US, and I feel like people aren't going to be around that much starting tomorrow, let's just do one mini check-in this week. 

If you haven't already added to the main thread this week, please feel free to do so here:  https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12645545/bench-tta-weekly-check-in-november-22#latest

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer- even if it is for a good reason. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Generally:
Benched=involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and are "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA=avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons
*Note: NTNP= you are having sex without protection whenever you feel like it. This is generally not the same as Benched or TTA*
_________________________________________________________________________________

How's this week been going? 

Anything else you want to share? 

GTKY:  What do you have the most fun doing? What always makes you laugh?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Benched/TTA Wednesday Mini (11/25)

• **TW: Loss Mentioned**

How's this week been going?
    It's been a really tough week. Last Wednesday, I got my BFP and was wondering how I would keep the secret on Thanksgiving. Now, we're trying to decide how/if to tell the family about the loss.

Anything else you want to share? My GYN told us to wait 2 cycles before trying again. We had already planned on waiting until February anyway with me starting a new job, waiting for insurance to kick in, moving in January, etc. I have a lot to keep me distracted but all I can think about is TTC again. I started temping again so that at least makes me feel like I'm doing something and being proactive. FX my cycles get back to "normal" quickly.

GTKY: What do you have the most fun doing? What always makes you laugh? I love to go to the movies and I'm excited to decorate for Christmas! DH and I always start the Holidays off on Black Friday, we're gonna get our tree and make a day of it and go to the movies to see one of the holiday movies that's out. I'm looking forward to it!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I agree on one mini-check in. By the time this one dies down, it'll be about time for next week's main thread, I'm sure.

How's this week been going? Decent. Last week sucked and was hard, but today I'll talk to my PCP about getting on the mini-pill to see if she'll do it, or if she'd rather I wait until my appt with the OBGYN next Monday. I kind of hope the former, just because I hate having to spend another $25 for an appt with the OBGYN that will literally be 5 minutes.

Anything else you want to share? I'm honestly kind of scared that the one time we did have unprotected sex, it might have been during my usual FW. I wish I had kept temping until I get on BC, just so I knew what the hell is going on with my body. At this point, I feel like temping will keep me sane, even if we're not TTC!

GTKY: What do you have the most fun doing? What always makes you laugh? Spending time with my family is what I have the most fun doing. That and teasing my dog. He gets so confused, it's hilarious!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Loading the player...
  • ** Loss mentioned **

How's this week been going? Not terrible, not great. Monday was my birthday and it was such a sad day because it would have been my 9w appt. I was glad that my dad flew out on Sunday to visit until we went to a mall. All the little ones running around was hard and I couldn't help crying when I saw a couple taking a pregnancy announcement picture in front of the Christmas tree... It was silly and embarrassing (crying at the mall: fabulous lol) but it really brought me down because it just reminded me that I should have been there too and that I can't even get back to TTC yet...

Anything else you want to share? Just waiting for the first AF after the miscarriage. I O'd last week so I'm expecting it in a week and a half.

GTKY: What do you have the most fun doing? What always makes you laugh? This might be sappy but my husband makes me laugh. He's always been known as the funny guy and he cracks me up daily. I love spending time with him even if it's just sitting around watching crappy tv.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • How's this week been going?  It's going... this week is moving ridiculously slowly. I've been stuck in a really negative thought pattern this cycle, also. I was one of those girls expecting to get KTFU on the first try, had two BFN cycles, and now we're TTA. I'm afraid that I'm just going to keep seeing BFNs and never get KU. I cried last night and told DH I was never going to get pregnant (it's still early, I know - like I said, negative thought pattern). I really want this cycle to end so we can get back to trying, but I don't know how much more disappointment I can take. This journey has been way harder emotionally than I was expecting it to be. 

Anything else you want to share?  I just want it to be Thanksgiving! DH and I are going over to my parents' house tomorrow, so we're cooking a couple of things tonight after work. The place we usually buy pies from closed a few months ago, so we're baking pumpkin pie for the first time in a couple years! Yummm. 

GTKY:  What do you have the most fun doing? What always makes you laugh?  I LOVE going to Disneyland. I literally forget about the rest of my life when we go there, and it's always super fun. Too bad we don't live within driving distance anymore, and it's a much more expensive trip now that we've moved. Our doggies are usually good for a laugh. They're cute and silly, and easy to tease. Our little one is sassy, and rarely minds when you tell her to do something. She's ridiculous. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How's this week been going? My period just got her..ohhhh...3 minutes ago, so now I understand why I was irrationally angry today. It came earlier than expected. Happy holidays!

Anything else you want to share? We have a vacation to Mexico planned for April and now we have to move it for my husbands job and its stressing me out. His new job is GREAT but there is a lot involved that is beyond our control and as a control freak, this is not good.

GTKY:  What do you have the most fun doing? What always makes you laugh?

I always have fun hiking in the woods or just hanging out with my friends. And looking at my dumb dogs face makes me laugh. He is such a ham. Especially when I style his hair like Donald Trumps hair.
  • @ashbear720 hang in there friend. I know how you feel. Just hang in there. I can't say it will get better because I hated it when people said that. Just try not to let the negative thought pattern spin out of control... It's really hard to come back from that.

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.