Trying to Get Pregnant

What is my cervix telling me?

Hello ladies. My last period was October 25-November 1. Had sex on the 7th, 10th, and 14th of November. Today I checked my cervix, because I was supposed to get my period today, and early in the day, like around 10:30am it was so high I had a hard time reaching it, a little open, and kinda soft. I just checked it again, and it is medium height, a little firm and open. Is aunt flow coming? Cause I have some bad back pain!

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • OP, I really want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but we don't know if you're pregnant and if you think you might be, take a pregnancy test.  Are you temping to confirm O?
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Could be anything
    Could be nothing
    Don't know.
    Should probably start temping

• Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Omg what IS THAT?!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Cannot be unseen!!! X_X

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @letyourheartbeyourguide  That.... gets funnier every time I watch it.

Ok, back to listening to the dulcet whispers of your cervix, OP...

Unfortunately CP isn't the end-all for when AF will show up (or a clear indication of other events).  I definitely recommend checking out temping if you haven't yet, it takes a little while to get used to, but it's so worth it in the end.  Good luck!

DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I've been checking cervix position for a couple of months now, and it generally tells me nothing. It moves around all day long, and I don't get any of the patterns you're "supposed to get."  FWIW, I have noticed that for me personally, CP moves to high and soft right before I get AF. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've been checking cervix position for a couple of months now, and it generally tells me nothing. It moves around all day long, and I don't get any of the patterns you're "supposed to get."  FWIW, I have noticed that for me personally, CP moves to high and soft right before I get AF. 

You should only check once a day at the same time.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• You should only check once a day at the same time.
    I know, but I check CM 2x per day, so I always check CP at the same time. I can't help it. 

• You should only check once a day at the same time.
    I know, but I check CM 2x per day, so I always check CP at the same time. I can't help it. 
    Well, technically, you should check CM every time you go to the bathroom. :)  But I get what you're saying.  I just wouldn't record CP or pay it any mind unless it is the time you have decided to check it.

I have found that I cannot see the pattern if I check CP more than once a day.  It's really important for tracking purposes to only check once a day and to check at the same time every day.
    My TTC History:
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)

My Charts since 2009

• edited November 2015
    @theborg7of9 I don't really get external CM, so checking every time I use the restroom isn't possible, and I don't want to give myself an infection!  Also, since I get fairly scant CM, I don't want to check too often because I feel like I'm removing it all when I check. Is that crazy? Lol. I agree, I definitely can't see a pattern checking CP 2x per day, and I'm thinking of just not using CP next cycle. Even when I've chosen to use only afternoon CP data, I still don't see the "typical" CP pattern that FF says you're supposed to get throughout the cycle. I've tried looking for tutorials online for CP checking, but I haven't found anything that's been super helpful. The Beautiful Cervix did not help me at all! I did read through the post linked in the Ultimate Guide thread that was called something like "the cervix is a penis", and found that way more helpful, but CP still confuses me at the end of the day. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edit: proof reading is important

• @theborg7of9 I don't really get external CM, so checking every time I use the restroom isn't possible, and I don't want to give myself an infection!  Also, since I get fairly scant CM, I don't want to check too often because I feel like I'm removing it all when I check. Is that crazy? Lol. I agree, I definitely can't see a pattern checking CP 2x per day, and I'm thinking of just not using CP next cycle. Even when I've chosen to use only afternoon CP data, I still don't see the "typical" CP pattern that FF says you're supposed to get throughout the cycle. I've tried looking for tutorials online for CP checking, but I haven't found anything that's been super helpful. The Beautiful Cervix did not help me at all! I did read through the post linked in the Ultimate Guide thread that was called something like "the cervix is a penis", and found that way more helpful, but CP still confuses me at the end of the day. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edit: proof reading is important

Just on this part really quick. I don't understand why it wouldn't be possible to check internally when you use the restroom? Just wash your hands before you check.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• edited November 2015
    Just on this part really quick. I don't understand why it wouldn't be possible to check internally when you use the restroom? Just wash your hands before you check.
    Sheer laziness?  It also doesn't feel super clean in the restrooms at work. I get really grossed doing anything besides my business in public restrooms. Did it a couple of times - too much effort to make everything feel clean enough. 

ETA: I'm really only comfortable checking at home where I know how clean it is (thus only checking in the morning, and when I get home from work), and who's been using the facilities (just me and DH!). We have some very unclean people in this office building, many of whom don't know how to flush, and I don't want their germs. 

• Just on this part really quick. I don't understand why it wouldn't be possible to check internally when you use the restroom? Just wash your hands before you check.

Sheer laziness?  It also doesn't feel super clean in the restrooms at work. I get really grossed doing anything besides my business in public restrooms. Did it a couple of times - too much effort to make everything feel clean enough. 

ETA: I'm really only comfortable checking at home where I know how clean it is (thus only checking in the morning, and when I get home from work), and who's been using the facilities (just me and DH!). We have some very unclean people in this office building, many of whom don't know how to flush, and I don't want their germs. 

Totally understandable. But I have heard that morning may be the best time to record CP. it's definitely something that may take a long time to get the hang of. Or maybe never!
    My TTC History:

My Charts since 2009

• @theborg7of9 thanks, I will try sticking with mornings! I'm in the group that has higher in the morning and lower in the afternoon (I think this applies to most people?), so maybe mornings will give me a friendlier chart. :)