TTC After a Loss

The TWW crazy is taking over.

NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
edited November 2015 in TTC After a Loss
Okay ladies, I need someone to talk me down from all the crazy. I'm going to be totally honest here: I've started symptom spotting. Here is a gif representing my appropriate level of shame:
https://tomatopotatokoyotito.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/29c4c-dougashamed.gif

I need someone to tell me I'm letting the TWW crazy take over and I need to stop the symptom spotting ASAP. I tried to get DH to talk me down and his response was "maybe you're pregnant! :) " NOOO DH WHY WOULD YOU BETRAY ME LIKE THAT?!

I think part of the problem is that coming off the MC my hormones are all still a little wacky. I'm having some symptoms that I don't normally get but I had the cycle I found out I was pregnant. I suspect some of the symptoms I'm having are lingering from the MC somehow. I know that when I inevitably get AF in 12 I'll be very disappointed in myself for having let myself entertain the symptom spotting especially knowing all the symptoms are probably 100% accounted for by the fact that I had a MC earlier this month. My hCG didn't even finish falling till the the 20th or so.

In good news though: I did get confirmation at my GYN office yesterday that my hCG has returned to nongravid levels so at least there is that. Now at least I can expect appropriately negative tests if I cave and test before AF.

Edit: words are hard!
Me: 28 Husband: 31
TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: The TWW crazy is taking over.

• kmmharrisonkmmharrison member
    edited November 2015
    I experienced the same thing during the two months we were benched. During the TWW for AF to show (we weren't TTC but were still having sex), I symptom spotted like a crazy lady! I knew I wasn't pregnant, but I had a lot of the same symptoms I had when I was pregnant. My body had never done those things from just PMS until after the MC. I kept telling myself I wasn't, but I was so upset about having to wait to try again that I was hoping I was accidentally KU. I wasn't, and I was very upset when AF showed up even though she had to show before we could TTC again. So, you're not crazy! Your hormones are! Hang in there!
  • Don't beat yourself up too much! The two week wait makes us all into raving lunatics. Just hang in there and take it day by day! Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my first post-loss month of TTC and I'm in the same boat as you, sister! Yesterday I noticed my boobs feel funny and I thought to myself, "No! No they feel fine! And even if they feel funny, it could be PMS symptoms. You stop!"  My m/c was very early (5 weeks) and my HCG was already at 4 the day that my m/c was confirmed so I know it's not residual, but you can have weird, random PMS symptoms too, especially if your hormones are still out of whack. 

Stay strong, girl! I know it's hard but just try to remember that a test at this point would probably be negative either way. All you can do is wait, and know that I'm right here waiting with you!! I'm at 8 DPO now so I'm trying very hard not to test for at least 2-3 more days. At LEAST. 
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Best of luck ladies, hope we all get a BFP very soon!!!!
  • 14DPO and no AF in sight. However what is in sight are BFNs every morning. /sigh
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• That's so frustrating. I'm hoping I'll be preoccupied with Christmas stuff during my 2ww so I won't be going nuts.
  • I was symptom spotting Thanksgiving week like crazy, having symptoms the same as the cycle I got my BFP before. But when I went for labs it was residual hormone :/ I think I got AF on Tuesday, though and I've been temping. My temp has been steadily dropping so I'll take this small victory now in the hopes that it means I can come off the bench! Lol. In the meantime, I hope you get answers soon. FX for the BFP you want and a sticky baby!!!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker