March 2015 Moms

8 mo old waking in the night angry!!

For the last couple weeks almost every night my LO will wake up unconsoleable. He not hungry (actually will refuse to eat) but screams and jerks and kicks and hits. I'm at a loss of what to do for him. I just hold him til he's done. He's just started crawling in the last couple weeks as well. Any tips or advise? We haven't had any problems at night so far...

Re: 8 mo old waking in the night angry!!

• Katiefilm1Katiefilm1 member
    edited November 2015
    Oh my gosh! My 8 month old has been doing the same! She has always been a pretty good sleeper but the last week she has been waking constantly, or soon after she falls asleep and it takes FOREVER to get her sleeping again. About half the time she wakes up she is inconsolable, has an angry cry, and screams like I've never heard her do before. Feeding or holding her don't help either (which they usual do). I can tell she's going to start crawling any day now....I was thinking maybe she has so much development going on she can't settle down? I have no clue what to do and I'm exhausted and stressed out all the time.
  • Teething. Check their gums for swollen areas. My kids turned into fussy pants at night whenever they were teething.
  • Loading the player...
  • @KD32412 you were absolutely right! My baby smiled at me today and she had cut her first two teeth!
  • @Katiefilm1 Yay!!! I love being right! Hahahaha!!!!
  • 8 month wakeful period/sleep regression! My daughter went through it last week, and my son did the same at 8 months. It's just a phase, but not a fun one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

• My 8 month old baby girl just started this last week also! She just cut her second tooth a couple weeks ago so maybe it's just filling in. I'm glad to see that its normal!