Multiples

What did your twins sleep in the first month or two?

Wondering where your twins slept the first month or so when they came home. I have rock n plays and one pack n play so I'm trying to see if I'll need another pack n play or something . Will they be too small for rock n play?

Re: What did your twins sleep in the first month or two?

• We used the twin pack and play, it has two bassinets on top so they are next to each other but separated. We used it until they got too big at 4 months. We never had the Rock and plays but I know a lot of ppl who use them.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used rock n plays until they got too big for them, which was right around the 3 1/2- 4 month mark. My boys slept well in them and I think they worked great. They are now sleeping in their cribs @ 5 months old.
  • Loading the player...
  • They were either in the rock'n'plays, with us of in a shared co-sleeper. I think what you have will be plenty.
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Ours shared a crib until about 3 months and then we separated them.
  • Mine are three weeks old. At night they sleep in separate cribs (same room, with movement monitors), during the day they nap in rock n plays.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a table for two which they slept in until they were about 6 weeks and they still nap in. It keeps the reclined which is good for reflux. We decided we needed to get them transitioned to the crib so we started putting them in the pack and play at night. That was rough! When we finally decided to put them in separate cribs, same room at nine weeks, it was amazing! We all slept much better. I think they were more comfy with a real matress and we weren't jumping up every time they made a noise. They have been sleeping almost 8 hours at night now and are currently 11 weeks
  • Our boys slept in Rock n Plays. They hated laying flat, so the Pack n Play didn't get any use. With SwaddleMe's, music, and Rock n Plays they slept really well! The other thing they loved was when we turned up the heat and it was extra cozy. They stayed in Rock n Plays until 3 months when we moved them to cribs in their own room. In case it helps, this is how we did it: https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/transitioning-twins-to-cribs/

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• This is also something I am debating.  We live in a tiny two bedroom apartment and one room is an office (necessity, since my SO runs a business from our place) and we are trying to decide what to do in terms of sleeping arrangements for the twins.  We do not have room for a crib (let alone two) so I have been debating asking for one graco day 2 night bassinet/packplay/changing table and two rock n plays.  What I'm wondering is this a good idea or would you only recommend one or the other?  We have extremely large extended families, so I am not worried about asking for these things during my shower.  

This is the graco model we were looking at: https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Day2Night-Sleep-System-Ardmore/dp/B00AHVR5U0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455664977&sr=8-1&keywords=graco+day2night+sleep+system

Any thoughts would be appreciated!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Eko14Eko14 member
    Used the bassinet in the pack n play for both with a rolled up blanket between them. When they got too big they slept in the pack n play, then moved to a crib. Sometime around 17/18 months they were separated into two cribs because one was a biter. At 3 years old they are still happily in their cribs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Mine are five weeks old. During the day we use rocknplays or the packnplay in the living room. At night we move the rocknplays to their room and use those or their crib. They sleep longer in the rocknplays but I want them to get used to being flat as well. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • blsav23blsav23 member
    Ours slept I rock n plays until approx four months. Then--we transitioned to individual cribs. Best decision ever! At 7 months, they now sleep from 7pm-7am without a peep. I say the sooner the crib, the better!
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • My boys are 11 weeks now and sleep in their cribs. We started off with them sharing a cosleeper basket in our bed then around 4 weeks we moved them to their rock n plays. I planned on keeping them in there for a while but a few weeks ago I noticed a flat spot on one of their heads so they've been in the cribs ever since.
  • Ours slept in cribs from day one. We swaddled and put them together for the first month but once they were able to get their arms free and wake each other up we separated them. During the day they would nap in bouncy chairs or their pack and play.