Trouble TTC

Our First IUI

Hello All,
 So I just finished my 4th round of letrozole followed by sonogram and the ovidral trigger shot. the following day we went in and had our first IUI. I dont know what to expect. I am praying I will get pregnant and not need another IUI but I dont want to get my hopes up. 

Any one want to chat about their experiences? getting pregnant with IUI or maybe it taking a few IUI's?
Married to My Best Friend
Mom to 2 Fur Babies (Great Danes)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Our First IUI

• *bfp mentionned*
    I think this depends on a lot of stuff (proper timing, good amound of good sperms, good eggs, no other issues)...I had a hysteroscopy and a laparoscopy to fix uterus shape and to remove severe endometriosis. About 2-3 weeks later, we were good to start our next cycle, and so I did letrozole and follistim, Ovidrel trigger and IUI (with prometrium starting 2 days after IUI). This was our first IUI, and luckily the only one we needed despite only one mature follie (and 2-3 stragglers that may or may not have matured enough overnite). So there's definitely hope it could work on the first try, but that's not the case for everyone. What's your dx?
  • @kidshrink What does the prometrium do after the IUI. i was told  i have PCOS . We did 3 round of Letrozole followed by sonogram and the ovidrel trigger with Timed Intercourse with BFN. Then last month i had an HSG which showed no blockages. This month we did the letrozole , sonogram and trigger then the next day we had an IUI with a good amount of sperm . (DH was tested first months ago and was fine) My IUI was Saturday so now we are in the 2WW.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • just checking to see if anyone else has any input?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry, I completely missed this one. The prometrium is to thicken and maintain your lining during the TWW (and during the first tri if you do end up pregnant). I always had spotting on cycles where I didn't use it.

Your TWW must be almost over. How are you doing?
  • Hi! How is it going? What were your results? I am currently on the TWW. Our first IUI was Friday. Did you have any strange symptoms from the IUI? I felt fine on Friday with mild cramping in the evening, but the next day (Saturday) I slept darn near all day. I feel like that's all I want to do. I also woke up today with a stuffy nose and sore throat, so I am not sure if the tiredness is from the IUI or maybe I am getting sick... Any thoughts?
  • I remember feeling crampy a lot during my tww after IUI #1. That was last month. We found out about 12 days ago that it failed but I've read so many stories of women who get bfps with one follicle on their first try. The worst part about infertility is figuring out how to pass those 14 days. Every day, I just googled a million searches about my particular dpo. Seemed to help. Lol. Good luck.
  • hello all,
    I havent been on here much being i was off work for Christmas break. unfortunately our first IUI was not successful. BUT i am in my TWW from our second IUI. I should know any day now if AF shows her ugly face , as i am just too nervous to take a pregnancy test. i had 4 decent follicules this round! so we are praying that at least one will take! I have felt a lot of action in my overies and in that area this round , praying that isa good sign!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That is fantastic! Congratulation!
    IUI #1 November 2015 - 0% Motility
    IVF #1 January 2016 - (FAIL/Over-suppressed)
    IVF #2 May 2016 - (FAIL/25 eggs, 1 5BB xx, PGS abnormal)
  • Hi. Had our first iui done in Jan and got my BFN today. We were told numbers and follicles look good but unfortunately it failed. I had such high hopes. Good luck hope it works on your first try. Btw experience was great. Felt just like a papsmear. 
  • @ghazghaz
     what was your lining?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats On  the bfp!  Third times a charm!