2nd Trimester
Options

Did you tell your other kids yet?

My 4yr old and 17 yr old have known for a couple weeks that I'm pregnant. I found out a week ago through a blood test that it's a boy. We haven't told them that part yet. My daughter has autism and is less than thrilled about all of this. So this week I am making a blue cake for them both to cut into and even found these cheesy "boy or girl?" plates at the dollar store. I figure with 2 kids and a cake, all will be smooth
Is anyone doing anything creative to reveal the sex to your other little ones?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Did you tell your other kids yet?

• Options

DS is 4 and we told him after my dating scan that we were expecting (he's thrilled).

My anatomy scan is a week from today and we will be taking DS with us so he can be part of it.  We're hoping that baby cooperates so that my OB can determine the sex.  (If we aren't able to find out, no biggie, we think that DS will just enjoy seeing the baby on the monitor.)

• Options
    We told them immediately about the pregnancy, but we don't find out the sex until birth. My oldest (5) has autism, and he seems to be doing really well with it all, but my middle (4) I'm am rather worried will be sad if she doesn't get the sister that she is convinced I'm baking. The youngest is 20m and is blissfully unaware - I think his biggest concern is why are my boobs suddenly empty LOL

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We told my then-3-year-old the day my test came back positive.  We did a video chat from my A/S after we found out the sex because I wanted him to be the first to know (just like he was the first to meet his little brother when he was born last year).  DS2 is only 16 months old so he just hears me talking about baby in mommy's tummy and he rubs my belly and gets a big grin on his face. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options

We told them immediately about the pregnancy, but we don't find out the sex until birth. My oldest (5) has autism, and he seems to be doing really well with it all, but my middle (4) I'm am rather worried will be sad if she doesn't get the sister that she is convinced I'm baking. The youngest is 20m and is blissfully unaware - I think his biggest concern is why are my boobs suddenly empty LOL

My brother is bitter about me being a girl and he's had 24 years to get over it (maybe because he has 5 sisters?). I've never seen one of my nieces stay disappointed over a little brother, though, because they want to help mommy with EVERYTHING, and they bond with baby.
  • Options
    Latina211508Latina211508 member
    edited November 2015
    We just told our 3 kids (6, 4.5 and was 2, now she's 3) when we first found out. They were excited. We took my girls to the anatomy scan and we all found out together. I told my son when he got out of school that day. But a cake sounds nice! My kids are thrilled to be having a little brother.
  • Options
    pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited November 2015
    We told our 4 year old pretty early on. I'm a SAHM so she ends up coming to about 95% of the appts with me, there was no way to get around telling her. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker