Infertility
Options

Acupucture before and after ET

Has anyone tried acupuncture before and after ET?

Did you think it helped? I am debating if I should do it. Suggestions are welcome! :)

Re: Acupucture before and after ET

• Options

Hi @luvssong012!   My facility offered laser acupuncture right before and right after ET.   It was my first acupuncture experience so it was a little odd for what I understood classic acupuncture to be.   There's definitely research out there that says acupuncture helps for sure!   Although our transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy,  the acupuncture could have helped because the embryo did take a shot at implanting, but likely had some chromosomal abnormality that didn't allow it to survive--but the acupuncture may have helped it.  

tonight,  I'm actually consulting a regular acupuncturist for the first time to see if that can help bring about more success for our next round.   So, I definitely find it something worth adding to the mix.

not sure if this helps, but wanted to give you my experience!

GL with your transfer!

• Options
    @NicWalker10 thanks for sharing your experience! I am sorry that your previous cycle ended in chemical. I hope it sticks this time!! I've never heard of laser acupuncture before. But it makes sense since acupuncture is supposed to stimulate specific nerve and I'm sure they can do that with laser instead of needles. :smile:

My clinic offers pre and post ET acupuncture. It's a bit expensive ($150!!!) but I want to give it a try.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *bfp mentioned*

I had it done before and after my single FET and we're 12 weeks along with identical twins.

I did it all through ttc and ivf and found it very relaxing and meditative. If you have an FSA or HSA you can use funds from that to pay for acupuncture.
  • Options
    *BFP mentioned*

My husbands cousin went through 3 rounds of IVF and she told me she did acupuncture the week leading up to her transfer and then an hour after the cycle her pregnancy took. She did have a pregnancy prior that resulted in MC and i dont believe she did acupuncture that time. I am going to start IVF likely  in January and will be talking to my RE about it as well as going to talk to an acupuncturist that specializes in infertility/fertility. let me know what you end up deciding too

Me (28) DH (32)
    Married: Dec 2011
    TTC#1 May 2014
    Dx: MFI (low count)
    FET#1 May 2016  BFP 
    EDD 2/4/17 - TWINS- MC July  o:)o:)
    FET#2- 11/9/16 BFP- MC o:)
    FET#3- 2/8/17 BFP- MC o:)

• Options
    This is my first IVF, but I'm planning to do it.  My acupuncturist will come to my IVF clinic to do it.  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    @kjplaza and @khochanadel I'm glad to hear about positive results from getting acupuncture.

@emsmama15 I believe the acupuncturist comes to my clinic as well. My nurse told me once I find out my ET schedule, I can go ahead and schedule for acupuncture. :smiley:
    My ER is tomorrow and ET will be next Monday if I do 5 day transfer. I will keep you guys posted!
  • Options
    Not saying it's what definitely made the embryo take, but it can't hurt! It can only help. My RE recommended it but I had been doing it for a while.