3rd Trimester
Options

Newborn Diapers

Hi all.  We are considering Luvs diapers because I've read good reviews and heard good feedback from people I know who use them.  But, from looking on their website or Amazon I haven't seen that their newborn diapers have that cutout for the umbilical cord like Pampers Swaddlers do.  Am I missing something - does anyone know if the newborn Luvs have this?

Thanks!

Re: Newborn Diapers

• Options
    I think Luvs Ultra Leakguard has the cutout in newborn size. But even if it doesn't, you can just fold down the front a little. NBD.

• Options
    My little dude skipped the newborn size all together. I just fold down the front of his diaper like @BabySeaTurtles mentioned.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh!  Ok, that makes sense, to fold it down. Thanks!  I swear, my head is spinning from all these little things to think of to prepare!  
  • Options

I wouldn't stock up on any one kind...for starters, a ot of kids only wear newborn diapers for a couple of weeks, and also you might find that you prefer one brand to another based on how they fit your kid...and you won't know how that goes until the kid is here.

We hated Luvs, because for some reason they seem to run smaller than the other brands we've used...like a size 2 Luvs seemed smaller than that in Pampers.  It seemed like the back didn't go up as high, if that makes sense.  Which caused us many blow-out-poop issues.  FWIW, our favorite daytime diaper is actually the Target brand, and it's very affordable.  At night we used Pampers Baby Dry or the Huggies overnight diapers - but those aren't necessary until LO is sleeping pretty long stretches at night. 

• Options
    Pampers Swaddlers NB were awesome.  And the yellow pee strip is wonderful (not sure if Luvs has them).  DS1 was in NB for a month as he was 6.15 and DS2 was barely in them a week as he was 9.1.  I wouldn't stock up too much as Size 1 will be plenty small (unless you have a preemie). 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    skruhmin said:
    Pampers Swaddlers NB were awesome.  And the yellow pee strip is wonderful (not sure if Luvs has them).  DS1 was in NB for a month as he was 6.15 and DS2 was barely in them a week as he was 9.1.  I wouldn't stock up too much as Size 1 will be plenty small (unless you have a preemie). 
    I had my LO at 40w via scheduled CS (she was breech and refused to flip), so she was not premature.  They had estimated 5 lb 11 oz at 37w when they confirmed breech positioning, so I expected her to be small, but probably close to 7 lb by the time 40w rolled around if their estimate was close.  She ended up being 5 lb 14 oz and needed preemie diapers for the first three weeks before filling out NBs.
  • Options
    skruhmin said:
    I PPH Swaddlers, we have used them since DS was born. He's 15 months now and we still use them, with the Baby Dry ones at night. Funny story on the strip - my mom didn't realize it was there. One day she went with us for a well baby visit and the nurse said something like "The strip is still yellow so you don't have to change his diaper for the weight check". My mom said "What strip???". She had still been reaching her hand in to feel the diaper like days gone by. We had a good laugh and she said I should have told her. :D

I lurk. I snark. I offer sound advice if you're not BSC. You may not like me. I'm okay with it.

• Options
    We also used pampers swaddlers in the newborn stage mainly because that's what the hospital gave us. I second the yellow to blue per strip especially as a ftm! Later on we switched to Luvs because they were so much cheaper. We have really liked them.
  • Options
    I found the cut out to be unessesary...
  • Options
    I agree, don't stock up. Every kid will need a different fit. In general Pampers Swaddlers fit both of my newborns best, but beyond that one was better with huggies and one with pampers or luvs. It really does make a difference based on how they are shaped as they grow. I had to give away and entire box of huggies with my first DS because they just didn't fit right. I advise buying a small package of what you think you will want and go from there. Luvs ended up fitting both of my boys great when they were a little older and they are a great price!
  • Options
    Yeah you won't know what kind of diaper works best until you have the baby. They are all shaped a little different just like babies are. I used Luvs for a while but found that my daughter has extremely sensitive skin and can only wear cloth or certain organic brands. So you never know until they are born
  • Options
    We used the Pampers Swaddlers NB and they didn't have the cutout on them. Baby is 7 weeks old now and still in them. They were the diapers the hospital had and what we were gifted at showers so we've kept using them.

You can always fold the top of the diaper down if the diaper doesn't have the cutout. :)
  • Options
    redfallonredfallon member
    edited November 2015
    Pampers Swaddlers have the umbilical notch in newborn, 1, and 2. https://www.pampers.com/en-us/diapers-wipes/pampers-swaddlers-diapers#star-product-tabs2

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers