TTC After a Loss

Ugh....

We are on our third month TTC after a loss. My hubby feels stressed all of a sudden by the short window of time we really have to try. I use OPKs and there is literally a 1-2 day window max that we need to BD. Between work and having a 3 year old he feels pressured and it's been causing arguments. Anyone else experiencing this?? This is so not the extra stress I was hoping for!!

Re: Ugh....

• I'm sorry for your loss and it's a bummer your husband is feeling the pressure. TTC is definitely not easy. 

Sperm can live in fertile cm for up to 5 days. Even a -4 BD has a chance of conceiving. Which is why one is typically fertile for several days leading up to O. You don't have to wait for a positive OPK to BD. That being said, a OPK only detects a LH surge. A surge can happen on the day of O or up to two days beforehand. 
  • Have you considered taking a step back and just making BD fun again? Maybe get yourself a cute little sexy something to wear for him, or get massage oils and candles? It can be a lot of pressure and stress and the best advice I can give is to take a step back and try to enjoy sexy time as much as possible. Do it sometimes just because rather than because you're ovulating (I've read lots of studies that show that sex throughout your cycle increases your chance of having a viable pregnancy). I know that work and having kids can make it difficult to find time, but a 5 minute quickie in the morning or after the kids are in bed doesn't take much time or effort. ;) 
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't tell him when you're ovulating. Just seduce him ;)

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016