3rd Trimester
Options

Extreme tiredness into 3rd trimester

Hi ladies. Anyone else had a fantastic second trimester, tons of energy... Then almost to the day after entering into the third feeling completely exhausted? Baby packing on those extra pounds towards the end perhaps? Any thoughts on ways to up energy levels other than the obvious, caffeine? Thank you :)

Re: Extreme tiredness into 3rd trimester

• Options
    Naps! I've never been a napper, but I nap all the time now. Even if it's just for 30-60 minutes, I feel a lot better afterwards.
  • Options
    I have been tired since day one of pregnancy. I never had the "honeymoon second trimester". I had 9 hours of sleep last night. Woke up this mornin and went grocery shopping. Half way through the store I had to put my head down on my husbands shoulder because I was falling asleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Naps and eat really well, stay hydrated. My energy plummeted around 31 weeks but it turned out I had a virus and now I'm better my energy has picked up a little bit.
  • Options
    I am starting to get really sleepy and can feel myself slowing down. I'm 31w tomorrow. I am a constant on the go person and a school teacher.  I am still feeling really good, but within the last week, bedtime can't come soon enough and I have taken a nap the past two weekends.
  • Options
    Good to know I'm not alone on this. Thanks ladies. I guess it's their growing time... Stealing all out energy to do so! @teachmegs817 @Mousie93 @mypeeps27 @Wicked4589
  • Options
    sarahsnowballsarahsnowball member
    edited November 2015
    Mousie93 said:

Naps and eat really well, stay hydrated. My energy plummeted around 31 weeks but it turned out I had a virus and now I'm better my energy has picked up a little bit.

My story is similar to PP. I felt awful from w31-w33 and it turns out I had a virus. Since recovering from that I have felt much better.
    I don't nap, but I'm eating really well (mainly due to a late GD diagnosis) and I drink lots of water. I'm now 38w4d and I still feel great

Edited because it cut off half my post!

Hang in there, OP. Listen to your body and slow down if you can. Hopefully your energy levels will improve too
  • Options
    Are you taking an iron supplement? I had a rebound of energy in the 2nd tri but with all the growth in the 3rd tri LO is stealing more of the iron I'm getting (granted I'm slightly anemic to begin with) I started taking iron and it's slowly but surely improving my energy levels- that may help you even if you're not anemic. Just make sure you take with plenty of vitamin C (which is good this time of year anyways!)
  • Options
    Will do! Thank you. I'll take more
  • Options
    kqualls5kqualls5 member
    edited November 2015
    I don't really have advice but I can tell you that I definitely feel your pain. I'm 32 weeks and 2 days. My iron levels tested that I was anemic, so my doctor told me to take an iron pill twice a day and stay hydrated. I have been for 3weeks now, and I still haven't felt a change. I even drank an energy drink the other day (a 16oz flavored redbull, followed by lots of water) and literally nothing happened. I guess baby just needs all of our energy right now!
  • Options
    My wife had am amazing 2nd trimester however the 3rd sucked the life out of her.

Iron, Folic Acid and Vit D seemed to help, as well as lots of naps.

Good luck

Choco
  • Options
    Maybe I need to up the D. Thanks! @ChocoBros
  • Options
    I started feeling extremely tired again around 27 weeks. For me it is naps and going to bed early.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker