3rd Trimester
Options

Should I try caster oil ?

After today I'll have 1O more days until my due date is finally here..

Re: Should I try caster oil ?

• Options
    Why would you do that? I've heard it's terrible and anyway your baby isn't due for TEN DAYS, why are you trying to get them out now? Let baby come out when they're ready.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why would you try to induce prior to your due date unless medically necessary? We are all uncomfortable at this point. I'm 41 weeks so I feel you but let baby come when their ready and meant to.
  • Options
  • Options
    Froggie1986Froggie1986 member
    edited November 2015
    Go for walks and eat pineapple those r both things people do that might work and are n9t harmful castor oil can make your baby poop inside you and breathe it in very dangerous. Yes it sucks the end is uncomfortable and exhausting but you are almost to the finish line.
  • Options
    redfallonredfallon member
    edited November 2015
    Prim is right. You do not want that to happen. My baby was close: she swallowed, but did not inhale meconium, thank goodness. She was still worked on by a mixture of six doctors and nurses immediately at birth for a half hour.

This is what could happen if your baby inhales it.
    https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001596.htm

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Absolutely not!!! My friend tried this & it caused baby to inhale his first bowel movement, which happened on his way through the birth canal. He needed to be kept in nicu for a week & caused breathing problems. Bad idea!!!!!!!
  • Options
    It gives you diarrhea, which is what induces labor, so yes if thats what you want to do....
  • Options
    How about none of that... Baby will come when it is good and ready. Don't be selfish!