Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Transfer to crib

Hi! When did you make the transition to the crib? Right now baby is sleeping well next to us in his rock n play but he is starting to get distracted by our getting ready for bed. He is only six weeks. Is it to so to put him in his room alone? Thanks!

Re: Transfer to crib

• Options
    kaylerjeankaylerjean member
    edited November 2015
    Our LO was in our room in her bassinet for the first couple weeks and now she's been switching between there and her crib, just depending on where she falls asleep. I've noticed that we all sleep better when she is in her own room though. I have a video monitor to keep an eye on her when she's in her room, I wouldn't be able to sleep without being able to check on her from time to time!
  • Options
    My LO is 4 weeks and we have had to start putting him in his crib. He was unable to fall asleep and stay asleep for more than 20 minutes in the bassinet but since we started putting him in his crib, he sleeps much better. We have a video monitor and I of course get up to check on him often but he seems to prefer his crib. I think everyone is different but I see no problem doing what works best for my LO.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We moved DD's RnP to her room around the 6 week mark. She slept in the RnP in her room until about 3 months old and then I moved her to her crib. We had a video monitor on her so I felt comfortable having her in her own room.
  • Options

We moved DD's RnP to her room around the 6 week mark. She slept in the RnP in her room until about 3 months old and then I moved her to her crib. We had a video monitor on her so I felt comfortable having her in her own room.

That's what we are doing. She is in the rock n play in her nursery. We take shifts getting up when she cries. We have a video monitor. But I cannot have the sound on or I wake up to all her little noises. Her room is right next door so I can hear when she cries.
    My concern is how to transition her to the crib. She is only 4 weeks. But we have tried a few times to put her in there. She wakes up crying if she is asleep when put in. If she is awake, she lies there all excited looking around and then cries after about 20 minutes. How do you get them used to it?
  • Options
    KLHauck12 said:
    That's what we are doing. She is in the rock n play in her nursery. We take shifts getting up when she cries. We have a video monitor. But I cannot have the sound on or I wake up to all her little noises. Her room is right next door so I can hear when she cries. My concern is how to transition her to the crib. She is only 4 weeks. But we have tried a few times to put her in there. She wakes up crying if she is asleep when put in. If she is awake, she lies there all excited looking around and then cries after about 20 minutes. How do you get them used to it?

When we transferred DD to the crib she was still swaddled. I rolled up receiving blankets and put them under the sheet in the crib, on each side of her body to sort of hold her in place. It must have worked because she slept great.

Then we had to work on transitioning out of the swaddle so we swaddled with arms out and swaddle wrapped around her waist then eventually just a sleep sack and no swaddle. Once she was done with the swaddle we took the rolled up blankets out.

• Options
    We put baby in her crib starting around 6 weeks, I think? I put her there to nap one day and she was fine, so the next night we put her in the crib to sleep. Until then she'd been in the Pack and Play bassinet in our room. She's now 12 weeks. We have the video monitor and I honestly think it was the best decision because we all sleep much better. I still get up some nights for a feeding but the transition was fairly easy.

Good luck!
  • Options
    We made the transition with our twins around 3 months. I would have waited longer, but they outgrew the Rock n Plays in our room and the cribs were the next best thing. We did crib naps during the day, as you said that you also do, and we use a musical mobile that they LOVE. Between those things (and a few other tricks), our boys made the transition within a week. In case it helps, these are all the things we tried. Good luck, mama! https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/transitioning-twins-to-cribs/

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• Options
    Okay baby boy is sleeping okay in his crib. Now I just have to figure out how not to watch the monitor all night long!