Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

leg shivers(tremors) while sleeping and feeding

Anyone else going through this with their baby? My baby legs shivers when sleeping even feeding. It stops when I hold the limb and lasts for bit 2-3 seconds happens more frequently when she's falling asleep and once or twice when feeding. On a rare occasion her hands does it too. I've also noticed she also twitches in her sleep like her head and torso and even the said limbs. Research says immature nervous system. I hope it's just that and nothing too serious.

Re: leg shivers(tremors) while sleeping and feeding

• Options
    My daughter's a little over 2 mo, but her shoulder/arm used to do that and she'd have her hand in a fist. She totally grew out of it, I haven't seen it once. Oddly enough I read an article that I found online last night arrest about harmless things they do in their sleep. I know yours is awake sometimes, but I'll post it anyway just in case it'll make you feel better. I'd mention it to your pedi and, the next time she does it, get a video with your phone so you can show him/her.
  • Options
    All of my children have twitched for the first few months. With my first I asked my doctor and he said because of their nervous system developing and it was normal. I'd definitely tell the doctor but most likely it's just normal twitching. This also twitches more than my others did but SO (different father than my older two) also twitches a lot so I suspect it's a trait from him. When he goes to the doctor the beginning of December I'm going to address it