Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Swaddle and baby carrying

Hi guys! My little guy does not like being swaddled but he cannot sleep without the swaddle or he startles himself awake. He is 6 weeks old and has hated the swaddle since day 1. Any suggestions for getting him to like the swaddle?

He also doesn't seem to love the k'tan carrier, I'm desperate to be hands free during the day. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Re: Swaddle and baby carrying

• Do you have a different carrier. One of mine did better in the ergo than ktan.
  • My son didn't like the k'tan at first, loves it now, tried a different way to wear him.
    For swaddling, I recommend the Woombie. My son can break out of any swaddle but not this one.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a K' tan, too and it's hit or miss. Is he big enough for the hugs position yet? I usually have to walk around and get my daughter to fall asleep in it first, but some days she's simply not having it.
  • Sully3302Sully3302 member
    edited November 2015
    We use ergo swaddlers from diapers.com. They let her hands be "hands to heart" and she likes it so much better
  • Try different swaddles and swaddle really tight. Also try a different carrier. I really liked the Moby when DD was little and we use the Ergo now.