Working Moms

Exercise?

I went back to work 3 weeks ago and I'm struggling with how ill ever exercise again. Before baby I was at the gym all the time, after baby I walked for 45 min almost daily until I went back to work. Now I'm really struggling with when I'll be able to work out. I work 10 hour days and with my commute I'm gone for 11 hours. When I'm home I don't want to leave LO for anything since I already have to leave her so much. I have been walking a little on my lunch break, but it's definitely not what I was doing before. How do other working moms find the time to workout? Do you workout with your babies? Please tell me your secrets :)

Re: Exercise?

• Wear her! You could at least do arms, squats, etc. if you google tabata or HIiT type work outs you can find a bunch and make up your own routine and make them as long as you need. Only have 15 min? You can totally get a high impact workout in. I started a board on Pinterest just for this! Let me know if you need more help!
  • This has been tough for me too. Like pp said, my goal is a modest 15 minutes/day, 1/2 hour on the weekends. I do videos at home during the week, putting LO in his bumbo the floor in front of me, so I can make faces at him, make sure he doesn't lose his toy. LO's attention span is short, so I found 15 minutes every day is much more doable than 1/2 hour a couple times a week. I also use a jogging stroller, or will wear him for a hike.  
    Big change from the hour a day I used to fit in, but despite that I'm seeing my fitness return at 6 months pp.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Loading the player...
  • Well damn, 10 hour days?! I have to get up super early, before my entire family and work out in my living room. I am too exhausted after work and don't want to give up family time either.
  • We invested in a treadmill. I run after DS has gone to bed at night, or during naps on the weekends. It's easier for me than actually getting all my stuff together and having to GO to the gym, especially in winter when it's frigid outside, and I don't have to worry about finding childcare because he's asleep and I have my video monitor
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• I got postnatal slim down dvd by Lindsay Brin on amazon. There are 10 min segments of cardio, total body, and core strengthening. With warm up and cool down 1 segment would be 20min and it's a tough little workout. I'm sore right now! Stroller walks are nice too.
  • I got postnatal slim down dvd by Lindsay Brin on amazon. There are 10 min segments of cardio, total body, and core strengthening. With warm up and cool down 1 segment would be 20min and it's a tough little workout. I'm sore right now! Stroller walks are nice too.

I LOVE running around our neighborhood with our jogger!
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015