TTC after 35
Options

Making Babies Book

Has anyone read this book? It has great reviews. I was curious if anyone on this forum had. Tia

Re: Making Babies Book

• Options
    I haven't read that. I did read the shuttles method for getting pregnant with a girl. I found the book boring and the first 2 sections were basically how this book was so much better than the others.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    lickasticklickastick member
    edited November 2015
    I am reading it right now! I really really like it, but I am reading it as a practitioner (of acupuncture.) I can see where maybe a layperson might not get as much out of it, or feel frustrated that they can "treat" themself with the infomration. I can take it and turn it into a treatment because I am an acupuncturist.

I do recommend it and I am also reading "It starts with the egg." What I have found most helpful with both books is the information on supplements. But I intend to use that information with patients as well as with myself. I think everyone who has been trying for longer then 6 months over 35, and those going on to IVF should really read "it starts with the egg," it is all about how to optimize the heath of the egg. I hope that helps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read "It starts with the Egg" after my chemical pregnancy when it started to become apparent we may have an egg quality issue.  I loved that book.  The supplement part was so educational.  I'd recommend it to anyone looking for more natural ways to improve your egg health!!  I think I read "Making Babies" a while back but I don't remember much about it.  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    @emsmama15 After you read "it starts with the egg" did you implement anything they suggested? Was it helpful for you? I am starting CoQ10 (the form they mentioned) and I am currently trying to try to get plastic out of the kitchen and anything that food or drink touches (like my plastic bottle soda stream:( Its so tough though to eliminate plastic completely but after what the author mentioned about BPA, it  has me very scared considering I believe that the miscarriage I experienced was from a bad chromosomal egg. I haven't finished the whole book yet, so I am a little worried about what I'll have to do next, ai yi yi the things we do.....
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses. I am reading it to get information when I go to the Dr on the 1st. We are just starting our ttc journey. My cycles are weird and I have some "issues".
    She has mentioned clomid in the past. I want to have a bit more knowledge going in and what my options are.
  • Options
    @createillumination - I added CoQ10 and myo-inositol.  Also was doing Vitamins C and E for a while.  Trying to avoid the plastic, even non-BPA.  I try to use glass containers and plates for all food.  I'm trying to switch over to more natural products for what I put ON my body as well.  I just made my own deodorant yesterday.  :)  I agree - the things we do....
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :)