Babies on the Brain

WTO or TWW- Monday November 16th

Cycle/Month:

CD/DPO:

TTA or TTC:

Testing Plans:

Rant/Vent:

GTKY: How do you deal with friends being pregnant and wanting to chat with you about every detail?

Re: WTO or TWW- Monday November 16th

• Cycle/Month: 1/2

CD/DPO: 18

TTA or TTC:TTC

Testing Plans: who knows...13 DPO?

Rant/Vent: Right now... I cry about every day... sexy right? no sign of ovulating... all my cm has dried up.... Oh and my close friend got her BFP friday and now all I hear is how happy she is... and I am so happy for her... but my heart is broken... dk why... and my husband keeps looking at me like I'm crazy... I also have a big standardized test I'm studying for to get into the Grad program... and that's no fun.

GTKY: How do you deal with friends being pregnant and wanting to chat with you about every detail?
    Right now I'm riding it out... some moments I am over the moon with my friend... we are taking them out to dinner to celebrate their pregnancy...and we bought their baby a gift. Other times I want to give up trying... temping...charting... opks... cm checking... and just forget that its a possibility so I can forget how bad I want it... then it might be a pleasant surprise instead of this anxiously planned baby
  • Cycle/Month: 2/2

CD/DPO: 28/10

Testing Plans: Trying to wait as long as I can before testing... But getting impatient, so my resolve may only last until this afternoon.

Rant/Vent: Feeling very much like AF is on the way, but I felt like this before I found out about DD. So I'm driving myself crazy! I also think FF calculated the wrong day, so I think I'm actually only 8 DPO. But I generally feel crampy and bloated and achy today, and even snapped at DH this morning (and humbly apologized). So I'm just hoping this week goes quickly.

My sister is pregnant and it took her six years to finally conceive after a m/c. So I can't really get too upset over her gushing over her symptoms and plans. Plus, I'm trying for #2 now, so I am not quite as eager this time around. At least, I keep telling myself that.

@Katm89 I've told my DH before that I just want to get pregnant accidentally. I think I'm just far too aware of what's going on in my body. I end up agonizing over every little thing. I try to chart the bare minimum right now so as not to make myself go crazy looking for signs.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Katm89 I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Hang in there!

CD 14, WTO, TTA

No testing plans unless I miss AF unexpectedly

GTKY: I don't have any pregnant friends, but I did spend some time with a good friend's baby over the weekend. Since we're not trying yet this still makes me feel happy and excited, and I hope it still will even if we try and it takes some time, but my heart goes out to those of you trying and having a tough time.
  • Cycle/Month: 4/6

CD/DPO: 23/11

TTA or TTC: TTC

Testing Plans: 15DPO, though I might cave tomorrow morning

Rant/Vent: my thermometer has been compromised. I don't trust it or my chart anymore. Hopefully this is our time so I don't need to get a new one right away lol

GTKY: How do you deal with friends being pregnant and wanting to chat with you about every detail? Don't have any pregnant friends, except my SIL. And she's not chatty about it. But if I did, I would probably try to talk about other things as much as possible. Or, tell her "This is so cool, but I'd like to be surprised!" She'd know it was a lie though.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Cycle/Month: 3/3

CD/DPO: CD 28 (will be testing in 2 days). Not sure DPO

Testing Plans: plan on testing on the 18th, it's my birthday so hoping for a BFP!!

Rant/Vent: I just found out I lost my job, so screw them!

I am so happy for them but selfishly wish I was feeling the same way they were and was pregnant myself. I deal with it by remembering the JOY they are experiencing and being excited with them !
  • My first post on BOTB!!! Hi everyone!!!

Cycle/Month: 3

CD: 4

TTA/TTC: TTC!!!

Testing Plans: None, at the moment. Waiting for AF to leave the building so we can make a baby!

Rant/vent: It's Monday and I'm cold!!!

GTKY: Luckily, I don't have any pregnant friends right now. I like to think I would handle it well but who knows. Hopefully I'm the next one with a BFP!!

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • Cycle/Month: First month officially TTC!

CD/DPO: 20/4

Testing Plans: 12 or 13 DPO. I want to test right before Thanksgiving, secretly hoping we may have a big announcement to make to the fam. ;) (Since it is first month trying, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much though)

Rant/Vent: I've been waiting to TTC so long that I thought I would be happy just to join the journey. Nope! More waiting and even more impatientness.

GTKY: How do you deal with friends being pregnant and wanting to chat with you about every detail? One of my best friends just announced, and I'm so happy for her! All of our friends know that we are TTC, and I think it helps to have it all in the open. I feel like I can participate in the conversations more and learn about what might be coming our way in *hopefully* the near future. I'm also selfishly happy that I could potentially have a child so close in age to my friend's child.
  • @Xstatic3333 I am having a hard time. I think the bump fuels it a little and I will be taking a break... I will be lurking of course and I will return when I have a handle on things. I need to focus on other things right now

• Katm89 said:

@Xstatic3333 I am having a hard time. I think the bump fuels it a little and I will be taking a break... I will be lurking of course and I will return when I have a handle on things. I need to focus on other things right now

Completely understand. Take care of yourself, we're rooting for you :)
  • Cycle/Month: 4/5 

CD/DPO: 19, either 4 or 5 DPO I think... 

Testing Plans: Ahhh... Will try to hold out, probably not until 14 DPO if I can wait! 

Rant/Vent: We had really good timing this cycle, probably the best yet since starting TTC. Keeping my fingers crossed this is our month! 

GTKY: How do you deal with friends being pregnant and wanting to chat with you about every detail? I don't have any pregnant friends right now, but I did have a good friend who had a baby last year, before we were TTC. At that time, I wanted to hear every little detail, but it's probably good that it happened then because now I don't think I would want to hear as much. Trying not to feel jealous when I see people on FB announcing, but it can get tough! 
  • Cycle/Month: 1/3

CD/DPO: CD71

Testing Plans: Testing weekly just to be safe, but not expecting anything since I haven't had a temp shift

Rant/Vent: Really hating this never ending cycle…going to make an appointment next month if nothing happens. Don't know if this is just adjusting after birth control, but it makes me wish I got it out like a year ago. I will probably cry with happiness if/when my period finally comes. I just want my body to work right! Kind of impossible to TTC if my body is not cooperating. ):

GTKY: How do you deal with friends being pregnant and wanting to chat with you about every detail? I don't have any pregnant friends around me, but I'm a maternity nurse so I see babies being born everyday…and it makes me want one even more! And I see my OB at work lol. So I'm basically surrounded! 

Good luck to all y'all! I don't post much, but often enjoy reading/lurking. Helps me feel less alone in all of this. (:
    Me: 23 | DH: 25
    Married: June 2014 
    TTC #1

• @hannahh18 So sorry about your job! Screw them, indeed!

Me: 23 | DH: 25
    Married: June 2014 
    TTC #1

• als1982als1982 member
    edited November 2015
    Cycle 7/calendar day 11

TTC

No testing plans. We're leaving on an all inclusive cruise on Saturday and H wanted to skip a month trying so that we could both drink without worry.

Pregnancy announcements don't bother me. I always think how awesome our life is right now. We take two big vacations a year plus lots of weekend trips, have the weekends free to sleep in and do whatever we want, and have lots more money than our friends with kids and babies. Every month without being pregnant is another month to enjoy our DINK lifestyle.

• @als1982 Sort of wish I would have taken more advantage of two incomes and lots of free time before DD! We conceived after only 3 months of being married... Didn't think it would happen so fast!
  • This is my first post on BOTB. Not even sure if I'm answering these questions correctly! 

Hi everyone! 

Cycle Day/ Calendar Month: 23/11

CD/DPO: 23/4

Testing Plans: I will probably have to stick out the TWW. Will probably be on DPO 15. 

GTKY: How do you deal with friends being pregnant and wanting to chat with you about every detail? I'm a wimp and can't confront them. My best friend is 17 weeks and is boasting about every detail. At first, I was super excited for her because I know how long they have been TTC, but it's starting to get to me. She knows that my DH and I have been in the talks about TTC and that I have been having health problems, even since before TTC. I truly am happy for her, but it is still starting to get under my skin. 
  • Cycle/Month: 1/3

CD/DPO:  65/-

TTA or TTC:  NTNP

Testing Plans: No plans to test... just wishing to ovulate or get a period

Rant/Vent:  I went to the doctor on Tuesday and she said that before she prescribes me Provera, she wants to rerun all the tests that I got 7 years ago that originally resulted in the PCOS diagnosis.  So I had 7 viles of blood taken and I have an ultrasound tomorrow.   If everything comes back normal...well, normal for PCOS, then she'll write me a prescription for Provera and we can get the ball rolling!  I have Tricare and I'm just hoping that the ultrasound is 100% covered.. they'll call me today if it isn't so I'm just hoping that my phone doesn't ring!

GTKY: How do you deal with friends being pregnant and wanting to chat with you about every detail?  I don't have any friends that are pregnant and the only two people that I know that are trying for their first are my best friend who has about 3 separate issues working against her and has been trying for about 18 months and my older sister... so I can only imagine that I will be completely ecstatic for both of them when their times come!  Obviously, I'll be more excited when my time comes though :)
  • Cycle/Month: 1/1

CD/DPO: 19/4

TTA or TTC: TTC!!

Testing Plans: Tuesday, 9 DPO. 

Rant/Vent: I wish there was a test that could tell you a couple days past O if you were pregnant!! The TWW is so hard!!

GTKY: How do you deal with friends being pregnant and wanting to chat with you about every detail? It doesn't bother me at all right now. But this is just our first cycle trying, so that's probably why. 

@Katm89 I hope you get your BFP soon. Hang in there, and I agree with the PP who suggested to maybe not chart for a cycle or two. I'll miss reading your posts on the boards, but completely understand that you need a break. Just have fun with your husband!!

@KASG Congrats on your BFP!! That is awesome, and I'm excited for you!! H&H 9 months!!

@hannahh18 Your job can shove it!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker