Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Breastfeeding question

Hi mamas! My baby is almost 5 weeks old, and exclusively BF. She was nursing for about 20-30 minutes on each side every 2-3 hours during the day, and her weekly weight gain had been great! But as of a few days ago, she's started pushing off after about 10-15 minutes on each side and still nursing about the same frequency. I don't get to have her weighed again until end of next week and I just want to know is this normal? I didn't think they shortened nursing sessions/became more efficient until around 3 months.

Re: Breastfeeding question

• Options
    My little guy nurses anywhere from 2-8mins per side on average, and sometimes only takes one side. He is 10weeks and gained 6lbs since birth. I can't remember exactly but he's bern doing this for a few weeks now
  • Options
    Our pediatrician told me at her 2 week appt that she'd start becoming more efficient very soon so sounds like your LO is right on track. As long as baby is having the right amount of wet and dirty diapers a day I wouldn't worry! She will tell you if she's hungry!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Baby is just becoming efficient on the breast. As long as they have the correct number of wet and dirty diapers you're fine. Don't let it stress you out:) good job it's never easy!