Infertility

5.4 beta (Update 11/20)

kindrex05kindrex05 member
edited November 2015 in Infertility
I went for bloodwork pregnancy test this morning. At 330I got a call from the nurse that my beta was at 5.4 and a ground above 5 is considered pregnant. They want me to keep up with my progesterone injections but then I went to the bathroom and I have my period ..I am so confused ladies and so upset. This is a first sign of anything for me and the thought of finding out Monday it didn't take is killing me!
Me 29 Dh 30
ttc since fall 2012

started fertility aid March 2015
2 failed iui
ivf September 2015- no transfer due to no fertilization 
Ivf November 2015- bfn
ivf fet March 2016- BFP!!!! <3

Re: 5.4 beta (Update 11/20)

• I can only speak from personal experience, both times I had low hcg like that, followed shortly by bleeding, it was a chemical pregnancy :-(
  • That's what I said to my husband .. I'm thinking the same :( thank u for ur honesty and I'm sorry!
    Me 29 Dh 30
    ttc since fall 2012

2 failed iui
    Ivf November 2015- bfn

• Loading the player...
  • It just sucks to have them call and say that .. I don't feel prepared for a negative on Monday's second test but I'm trying to look at it as a positive that at least something took at one point .. It's a step in the right directions of answers. But after hearing negative so many times it felt nice to hear "not so bad news" for once
    Me 29 Dh 30
    ttc since fall 2012

2 failed iui
    Ivf November 2015- bfn

• @kindrex05 i will keep my fingers crossed and lots of prayers for you! And you are right, no matter what happens, you know you CAN get pregnant!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • kindrex05 said:

It just sucks to have them call and say that .. I don't feel prepared for a negative on Monday's second test but I'm trying to look at it as a positive that at least something took at one point .. It's a step in the right directions of answers. But after hearing negative so many times it felt nice to hear "not so bad news" for once

I completely agree and I'm so sorry they did that to u-- I totally disagree with how some doctors handle these situations. My doctors office did the exact same thing to me on a friday, and I had to wait until the following Monday to go back in-- it's the worst feeling having to wait for that news. So sorry ur dealing with this :-(
  • I'm thinking about you. Good luck tomorrow!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • I'm so sorry !! I went through this myself . I had a first beta level of 15 ... Had to go back in two days later and had a beta close to 30 then mine tapered off and it was chemical . I really hope that is not the case for you . If it is the case I am here for you ! It was helpful for me that the nurse was honest straight up and told me my number was outside of the typical range ... But it sucked bc I wanted to be excited bc I was pregnant . While I was an anxious nervous wreck during the week of my testing it was nice just hearing I was pregnant for once ! It is a good sign !! I will be praying for you that the number doubles . Is it a full blown period you have or could it be spotting ?

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • :( That is never news you want to hear. My second IUI I had a first beta of 12.7 and then two days later it decreased to 10. It totally screws with your mind because while technically you are pregnant and WANT to be super excited, it's tough to be without the "but; what ifs" creeping in. I'm actually in the same spot again this time around (IUI#3) - had my beta today and came back at 50. Like @mskeenan, my nurse is very straight forward and told me to prepare for it to be a chemical pregnancy and have to go back in two days. I think the waiting between the betas is even worse than the TWW!!!
  • How many DPO were you ladies? I was only 10dpo and my Beta was 2! I'm guessing I'm out this month. :(
  • @larnott my first was 15dpiui and second was 14dpiui. @kindrex05, did it go up at all? My nurse told me the first time that at least we know I can get pregnant and that was great news. So even if it doesn't end up working this time for you, as disappointing as it is, there is a little smidge of a good thing!
  • my beta at 10dpo was a 2. I know it's super early, but, I think I'm out this month. I'm guessing it should have been at least a 5-10 at 10dpo. I'm 11dpo and still BFN on HPT.
  • Don't give up just yet, you may ovulated or implanted later than expected. Maybe wait until at least 14dpo?
  • Thank you @mtpohmer... I didn't have any implantation bleeding. No sore boobs. Just a little fatigued and frequent urine. but, that could be in my head.
  • ok ladies so I went back several times the 16th was my second test and I was 13dp5dt and my levels were up to 25 and the nurse told me to stop progesterone support I went back two days later on the 18th and I was 15dp5dt and my levels were up to 85 and they told me to continue progesterone support.  Now I am back here again 17dp5dt and my levels are at 211.  I now go back Tuesday the 24th which will be 21dpt for another blood test and ultra sound.  As if this wasn't enough of an emotional roller coaster I don't even understand what is going on.  I am excited to see the dr on Tuesday as I feel that none of my questions are getting answered.  I can barely focus at work and I just feel like I am being strung along for something bad to be told to me. I am trying not to think like this but has anyone out there had something just as weird going on???

Me 29 Dh 30
    ttc since fall 2012

2 failed iui
    Ivf November 2015- bfn

• @kindrex05 that is great news that your numbers seem to be going up, and pretty significantly! My RE told me that they want to see a MINUMUM of 66% increase every 48 hours and your seems to be exceeding that (math isn't my strongest subject so forgive me if I'm wrong!).

• As long as they aren't saying bad things keep with it. They will tell you if they think it become non-viable.
  • yeah @hbamama2b I know .. but it hasnt really been good things either.  They told me in the beginning of the week that i was losing it and then on wednesday told me to keep the progestrone. so I have no idea what it is going on
    Me 29 Dh 30
    ttc since fall 2012

2 failed iui
    Ivf November 2015- bfn

• I am so sorry you have to wait . Ugh !!! You are really in a state of limbo . I'm praying for you that your numbers go up up and up some more !

**BFP and loss warning**

• Yeah that sucks. My beta started at a 5.9 and they told me I was going to miscarry. Three days later I bled and went in for my baseline on cd 4. Well when the blood results came in my beta went up to like 60. And continued going up but slowly. It was an ectopic. I hope yours works out for you and it's a viable pregnancy. That would be so exciting for you!! Please keep us updated. By the way, not trying to scare you just something to be aware of.
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm thinking about you and just hoping you had a late implanter!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• @kindrex05 that's so rough! The yo-yo is incr dinky difficult. I'm sorry, but glad they reversed in the right direction. Hope everything stabilizes and goes well! Hugs.
  • Your numbers are definitely increasing like they should. It looks very promising to me. Good luck!
  • @Drove2u I know! Trust me every possibility has raced through my head as well! I really appreciate your honesty and being open!

Thank you all for the support! It is all greatly appreciated!
    Me 29 Dh 30
    ttc since fall 2012

2 failed iui
    Ivf November 2015- bfn

• @kindrex05 good luck at your appointment and let us know what happens! rooting for you!
  • Praying for you that your numbers are going up !! Good luck on Tuesday !!

**BFP and loss warning**

• @kindrex05 Hope your numbers go up!!!! Keep us posted on the next beta result!
  • Your numbers are looking better and better. Thinking of you and I hope this works out.
    DS#1: born Dec 29, 2013 
    TTC#2 since Sept 2014 - unexplained secondary IF
    BFP #2: 11.7.14  M/C: 11.27.14 @ 6w3days
    BFP #3: 04.19.2015 M/C 04.27.15 @ 4w3days
    BFP #4: 10.05.2015 C/P @ 3w4days
    Oct 11, 2015: Cycle 13. Starting Femara (2.5mg). HSG this cycle (all clear) - BFN
    Nov 12, 2015: Cyle 14. Femara 5mg + IUI - BFN
    Dec 10, 2015: Cycle 15. Femara 5mg + IUI #2 - BFP #5! C/P 4w4d
    Jan 10, 2016: Cycle 16. Femara 5mg + IUI #3 - BFN.
    Feb 10, 2016: Cycle 17.  No IUI or meds. Taking a break - Natural BFP Mar 5, 2016!!!! EDD Nov 16, 2016
    Moving to IVF March 2016
    Beta at 10dpo: 21, Beta at 12dpo: 98, Beta at 14dpo: 264, Beta at 16dpo: 745
    U/S 6w6d: single beautiful heartbeat of 121bpm - It's a boy!!!!
    Nov 3, 2016: Our family became complete. Welcome DS #2.
  • This happened to me as well.  Your numbers are looking good though! Prayers for you today!
  • kindrex05kindrex05 member
    edited November 2015
    Well ladies .. My beta dropped drastically to a 17 from the 220 .. They are ruling it chemical and told me unfortunately the blood tests can show hcg for a few weeks .. They will monitor me until I get to zero and if the number goes up at all they will become concerned it's ectopic but she really didn't believe that would happen especially since she did a scan. DH and I will take a nice vacation in February and possibly pick up another cycle after.
    I wanted to keep you all informed bc I notice there isn't always a lot of follow up to know what happened to someone and it helps others!
    Me 29 Dh 30
    ttc since fall 2012

2 failed iui
    Ivf November 2015- bfn

• @kindrex05, I'm so sorry to hear that news as I know we were all cheering you on and hoping! You and your DH are in my thoughts and hopefully 2016 will be your year! That's good news that they don't think it's ectopic - my RE is still concerned mine might be since my beta levels have slowly increased since last week but I'm hoping they start to go down soon.

I hope you and your DH are able to take some time, especially this holiday weekend, and be kind to yourselves and grieve any way you need to. We are all here for you.

• I'm sorry @kindrex05 i totally understand what you're going though. August we had a chemical pregnancy as well. Today we went in for our beta and it's only a 10.1. She told me to prepare for another chemical. :( it really sucks when you can't even be excited for the fact that you're pregnant cause you know you're going to lose it. I had high hopes for you and I even revisited this today to check on you. FX for next cycle!!
    Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

• I'm so sorry @kindrex05. I can't even imagine the hurt your feeling. I'll be thinking about you!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• I'm so sorry @kindrex05.  Thank you for keeping us updated.  I hope you have a nice and relaxing holiday season and that things look up for you in 2016!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • So sorry to hear that. I'm glad you don't have to deal with an ectopic but truly sorry about the outcome. Enjoy your vacation and best of luck on your next cycle!!
  • I am so sorry to read this, enjoy your vacation in Februray and treat yourselves!!
    You guys are in my thoughts.
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012