Infertility
Options

Newbie Intro... ER this week :)

Hi all!

A little intro about me: I am 33 and DH 35 from New York. We had been trying for a little over 2 years with no luck. Went to an RE over the summer and diagnosed blocked tubes after HSG (ouchy!) so IVF is our only option. I started stims (Menopur and Follistim) on the 29th. Had u/s and b/w this morning and have 28 follicles growing and looking good. Triggering tonight for ER on Wednesday morning.

Starting to feel a little nervous about the success of a fresh cycle... but trusting that God is in control.

FX and prayers going up for a successful ER and ET and hopefully that BFP soon!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you ladies!

Re: Newbie Intro... ER this week :)

• Options
    Good luck, and welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome!! I'm excited for you. Best of luck with the ER, ET, and hopefully a BFP in the near future!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck tomorrow!!
  • Options
    ChristinaV2015 FX they retrieve womderfully mature eggs! FX Crossed!

*** Pregnancy & Miscarriage Mentioned***
    ME: 34/DH: 33
    TTC (On & Off) Since 2008
    Diagnosed DOR August 2013 
    2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining
    08/2015 ~ Med Protocol #2: Started stims 09/13
    ER 10/9 with 6 Eggs Retrieved/3 SNOWFLAKES!!

10/22/15 ~ AF Showed up, waiting for Fibroid removal.
    10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!
    12/08/15 ~ FET of one hatching Embaby

12/21/15 ~ 13dp5dfet Beta 755! I'M PREGNANT!!!/ 
    12/23/15 ~15dp5dfet Beta 1539!

01/05/16 ~ 1st Ultrasound - 2 little beans and 2 Heartbeats (120 & 125 bpm)

My Fur Baby: Diva Celeste McClendon

• Options
    Good luck!! Omg, the HSG hurts so much more than I thought it would, right?! Please let me know how the ER is. I'm sooooooo nervous!
  • Options
    Hi all! Thanks for all the support. My ER went well...

12 retrieved
    9 mature
    9 fertilized

Now just waiting to find out if I'm a day 3 or day 5!

@sfleiss my HSG wasn't too painful just a lot of pressure. I also took 600mg of motion before I went in! The ER was not bad at all. I'm still sore today but not unbearable.... I'm super bloated though which is uncomfortable. You're going to do great!
  • Options
    THOSE are awesome numbers!!!! 

*** Pregnancy & Miscarriage Mentioned***
    ME: 34/DH: 33
    TTC (On & Off) Since 2008
    Diagnosed DOR August 2013 
    2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining
    08/2015 ~ Med Protocol #2: Started stims 09/13
    ER 10/9 with 6 Eggs Retrieved/3 SNOWFLAKES!!

10/22/15 ~ AF Showed up, waiting for Fibroid removal.
    10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!
    12/08/15 ~ FET of one hatching Embaby

12/21/15 ~ 13dp5dfet Beta 755! I'M PREGNANT!!!/ 
    12/23/15 ~15dp5dfet Beta 1539!

01/05/16 ~ 1st Ultrasound - 2 little beans and 2 Heartbeats (120 & 125 bpm)

My Fur Baby: Diva Celeste McClendon

• Options
    Omg that is great! Are you day 3 or 5? Gotta keep us posted, @ChristinaV2015!
  • Options
    Haha sorry @sfleiss I've been reading so many boards I never updated my own post. I was a day 3 transfer and we transfered 2 excellent grade 8 cell embabies. It was amazing and so emotional seeing them on the screen. I'm currently in my TWW with beta on 11/25. Today was an emotional day but I'm super excited and looking forward to our BFP!!
  • Options
    Good luck @ChristinaV2015 ! Let us know! I start my stims tomorrow, finally!
  • Options
    Good luck today @sfleiss! I remember my first day is stims was like the nerves of the first day of school filled with the hope of Christmas!
  • Options
    Thank you so  much @ChristinaV2015!  I am actually slightly nervous right now:  I stopped taking my BC on Wednesday, but today, after the baseline, I got my period!  I am supposed to start stims tonight, so it this normal?!?  My RE said I would have spotting, but there is actual blood.  I'm at work and cannot call the RE and slightly freaking out that I am not going to be able to move forward or have this round be effective. Any thoughts
  • Options
    Oh no sweetie don't freak out! I got a "regular" period my first day of stims but it only last like 3 or 4 days. I actually had my first monitoring u/s with it and I was super grossed out. You're doing fine!! Good luck with the stims... what are you starting with?
  • Options
    I'm doing 2 vials menopur tonight and 300 gonal-f until Monday, then I'll get updated/revised doseages. I was so worried about the bleeding, thank you so much @ChristinaV2015 for reassuring me! I'm so excited to hear about your BFP soon!!!!
  • Options
    Thank @sfleiss how did your first night of stims go?

I had done folistim and menopur. My side effects didn't come until after night 2. Oh joy... and they haven't subsided yet! Lol
  • Options
    @christinaV2015

Im sure the TTW is extremely difficult i hope things are still going well. I talk with my RE next week for my IVF consult to set things up. At our last meeting he didnt really get into any of the details of treatment just said we needed to do IVF and would explain more in the consultation. from one newbie to another any recommendations on things to ask when setting up IVF treatment and how many follicles did you have before starting stims? Also what does it mean to be a day 3 or day 5? no one in my family or close friends have had to go through anything like this so i feel like i dont have enough knowledge to ask the RE important questions. 
    I hope youre journey has a successful and happy outcome soon!

Me (28) DH (32)
    Married: Dec 2011
    TTC#1 May 2014
    Dx: MFI (low count)
    FET#1 May 2016  BFP 
    EDD 2/4/17 - TWINS- MC July  o:)o:)
    FET#2- 11/9/16 BFP- MC o:)
    FET#3- 2/8/17 BFP- MC o:)

• Options
    @ChristinaV2015 I am on my day 4 Stims Bravelle and Menopur! (First IVF). What kind of symptoms did you have? Exciting but nervous
  • Options
    @kjplaza welcome to the boards. I'm sorry you have to be here but know that we're all here to support and encourage one another. The 2WW is definitely stressful, you can't help but wonder if every thing you feel or do is affecting your embabies. I'm still doing well though so thank you.
    My RE never told me how many follicles I had before starting stims although I was ovulating regularly every month. I ended up with 23 follicles over 12 mm but they only retrieved 12 eggs which my RE and nurse assured me was a fine ratio. Questions to ask are how many embroyos are they willing to transfer, my doctor does no more than 2? If you're already producing several follicles before stims ask them how closely they monitor for OHSS. Also ask if they close for an extended time during the holidays... my office is closed for 2 and 1/2 weeks in Dec/Jan. You'll also want to know if you're going to be doing birth control before with or without a lupron injection. I didn't do lupron but I was on BC for 17 days prior to starting. To be honest I truly don't understand the 3 day or 5 day transfer difference and every time I asked my doctor they didn't give me a good explanation. My nurse originally said I would be a 5 day but then I ended up with a 3 day with 2 perfect embroyos. Good luck and please ask questions and keep me in the loop!

@MSR1977 I had hot flashes, bloated, pain in both ovaries and just an overall feeling of tiredness. On occasion my injection sites were a little sore. Since my ER and ET I've been crampy, some nauseous, tired, boobs are sore, anxious and I still have very slight discomfort from the ER. Oh and the hot flashes are back with the introduction of the estrogen pills again! But I'll take this for the next 9 months if it means I get to have my little miracle(s)! Have you had any side effects yet? When is your ER?
  • Options
    @christinaV2015

Thank you for all the good advice, i have a phone conference call with the RE to officially set up IVF and to go over more of the specifics. currently hes going to try to have me go without taking BC even though my periods are irregular. I think my biggest concern right now is im going to be out of the country for 2 weeks in march and God willing things are successful in Jan/Feb i dont know if its ok to be gone for 2 weeks so early on. at the last appt the RE didnt seem concerned at all but im gonna ask again and how it affects the follow up after a transfer if were able to do so at the start of the year. Theres just seems to be so much information and so many different ways doctors do things that im constantly worried my clinic is leaving me in the dark or taking advantage as i am strictly cash pay, my insurance doesnt help with anything. Thanks for everything and ill be sure to keep you in the loop!
    Me (28) DH (32)
    Married: Dec 2011
    TTC#1 May 2014
    Dx: MFI (low count)
    FET#1 May 2016  BFP 
    EDD 2/4/17 - TWINS- MC July  o:)o:)
    FET#2- 11/9/16 BFP- MC o:)
    FET#3- 2/8/17 BFP- MC o:)

• Options
    @ChristinaV2015 thanks for checking on me! I'm on day 5 of Stims and so far just mild bloating and a voracious appetite at night. I mean, need a lock on the pantry door. Ha
  • Options
    And ER is Dec 2cd. Prayers and lots of positive thoughts!!!!
  • Options
    @christinav2015, my stims are going really well! I do have headaches, which I am reading comes from the gonal-f, and I starting to bloat. I feel like I'm all puffy and squishy, so I'm seriously trying to avoid mirrors. My husband also said I'm getting into the mood swings, which I don't think I am, honestly! I think he just enjoys saying it whenever I'm annoyed at him, like for not flushing the toilet :) I know your beta is coming up on Wednesday, don't forget to let us know!!! Does anyone know how long you grow follicles until? My balling I was at 5 and 6, then today I was 9 and 8. I'm on day four of stims, so am I going to grow more, or a rehear ones just going to get bigger? @kjplaza, I feel like I just got finished with my whole "I'm-starting-IVF-and-overwhelmed" stage too! Literally posted about it like last week :). It is all very overwhelming, and there are a lot of times that you are going to kinda be in the dark and feel like your just left to wait...so frustrating! It is almost as if the RNs and DRs forget how terrible heart wrenching this is and an absolute priority for us because they see patients in the same situation like Sunday in and day out. If your confused or uncertain, pick up the phone and call your RN, don't worry about bothering them. Also, ask us! I live the information, advic, and support I get from these boards!
  • Options
    @sfleiss thank you for the support! I'm excited and nervous for tomorrow. Praying for wonderful news.

My follicles continued to grow up until the day of retrieval. So you'll get results on most of the same ones but then others would pop up.
  • Options
    @ChristinaV2015 GL tomorrow! Hope you get your BFP!!!
  • Options
    @HBamama2B Thank you! I love how incredibly supportive and encouraging you are on all of the boards.
  • Options
    Sooo, @ChristinaV2015, how was your beta?!
  • Options
    So my Beta was a BFN. I was super upset at first but I'm waiting on God's timing. We're going for a December FET with 2 of our Littles so we shall see... perhaps a Christmas present!
  • Options
    I'm sorry you got a BFN @ChristinaV2015 :(. You have such a great attitude about keeping the faith, it will come back to you and some!