Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin - 11/09/2015

2»

Re: TTTC Checkin - 11/09/2015

• @babyexpress I'm sorry you got this news. Knowing the next step is great, but it still hurts to hear you can't conceive naturally or with IUI. Hugs.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• @babyexpress you're in my thoughts and messaged you already :-)

Went in for my baseline today. Ovaries look good but have to go for a hysteroscopy. Waiting for my blood results now to see how to proceed.
  • Loading the player...
  • @kerismatic that is so kind, thank you! I spoke to my acupuncturist last night and she encouraged me to move forward so I'm starting the Clomid today. While we work to have our friend move here to be surrounded by friends and family while she faces this devastating diagnosis I guess it would be great if there was a new baby to look forward to for everyone. Fingers crossed!!
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • @babyexpress sorry to hear that but glad you know what is going on.
  • Thanks @agriffin92013 @Drove2u @AL_Twincities @ceclarlinetlo

Yes, its good to have some answers and a potential solution.  I had a couple of breakdowns yesterday with the bad news, but my OB reminded me that bad news would have been that she found nothing and she had no answers.  I do think its good to know where my pain was coming from, why past treatments might have failed and what the next steps are to resolve.  Every week is a new week and another step closer to baby.

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• @babyexpress I'm so sorry you got bad news, but I'm glad you know what's going on now and can take the next steps.
    IUI #1 November 2015 - 0% Motility
    IVF #1 January 2016 - (FAIL/Over-suppressed)
    IVF #2 May 2016 - (FAIL/25 eggs, 1 5BB xx, PGS abnormal)
  • @babyexpress i'm sorry you got bad news and that is a lot to take in. Positive thoughts your way. 

I'm pretty sure i'm out this month. I'm supposed to start my period tomorrow and i feel like its about to start right now. Perfect timing since i have a photoshoot for twins in a few hours and a birthday dinner afterwards(sarcasm). I really wish my doctor would prescribe me pain medicine when i get my periods, it is so bad that i usually have to stop everything I'm doing for 2 days. Like, I'm pretty sure the amount of ibuprofen i take so that i can barely function is more damaging than a few vicodin once a month.
    TTC #1: March 2011 (slightly before)
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several HSG's sprinkled throughout the years to up my chances of a BFP
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016
    ER-Retrieved 22 eggs 10 fertilized
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET estimated end of Feb, beginning of March

• @WA85 do you take ibuprofen over the counter?  I have always had bad cramps during first 2 days of period and have been on prescription ibuprofen 800mg for years.  The over the counter does nothing for me, even if I take 4.  Trying asking your doctor if you can get perscription strength.  It has saved me.

• I've had the prescription in the past but it didn't do much. I take the equivalent of that with OTC. I think I need to call them and see what else I can do. If I don't take anything when it starts, it gets so bad that I get nauseous and throw up. Basically, besides painkillers, the only way I have found to deal with it is sleeping through it.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    ER 12/1/2016
    FET 1/10/2017  

• @babyexpress and @WA85 Have you two every thought of doing acupuncture? I used to get very bad cramps where I would need Advil and a heating pad. Since doing acupuncture each period has gotten better. My doctor explained to me that the Chinese believe the menstrual cycle shouldn't have any symptoms like cramping, blood clots or mood swings. I do it once a week and truly enjoy how relaxing it is. My doctor told me they also believe that doing acupuncture will balance your body and once your body is balanced then you should have no problem getting pregnant. I am continuing with my progress for infertility with IVF, but continue with acupuncture to help when we have our next cycle. You ladies may want to look into acupuncture. It's very relaxing and I often find myself so relaxed I fall asleep during it :). Hope this information helps.
    Kristy
  • @kristylang Thanks.  I've never tried it before, but hey, I'll try anything.  My OB said the fertility treatments have added fuel to the fire for the Endo, so its a daily pain now that I never had before.  Acupucture might be worth the try now and see if it helps.

• Thank you @kristylang . I've actually been considering both acupuncture and chiropractor recently and plan to try that! My period did not start yesterday (its technically due today), so i guess I'm still in this. 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    ER 12/1/2016
    FET 1/10/2017  

• WA85 said:

Thank you @kristylang . I've actually been considering both acupuncture and chiropractor recently and plan to try that! My period did not start yesterday (its technically due today), so i guess I'm still in this. 

FX for you @WA85!!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Starting letrazole tonight. Hoping this cycle works.
  • @Drove2u good luck! I start Thursday on letrazole too!
    *BFP warning*
    *Child mentioned*
    TTC #2. Daughter born July 17th of 2013. 
    PCOS, Endo, Insulin Resitance. 

HSG done Sep 17- tubes unblocked! SA done- came back good! Hysteroscopy done Nov7- No uterus issues 

On 2550mg a day Metformin. 
    Round 1 of Clomid- 100mg CD3-7  BFN- Clomid left a huge cyst, AF arrived after 40 day cycle- BFN
    Round 1 of Femara- 10mg CD2-6 Mid cycle scan showed two follies (31mm and 27mm), trigger shot- BFN
    Benched out December- BFN
    Round 2 of Femara- BFP!!! First beta at 10dpo- 28 Second beta at 12 dpo- ? 
  • Thank you @AL_TwinCities ! I hope everyone has a great start to next week!

6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    ER 12/1/2016
    FET 1/10/2017  

• @babyexpress I just saw your news. I'm thinking about you, and while the results certainly are a lot to take in, I'm glad you at least have an answer and a solution. wishing nothing but the best for you!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • @lily55d yay!! We can be letrazole buddies. Are you doing iui this month?
  • Drove2u I'm sorry I just saw this! It's so hard to keep up for me sometimes! I will not be doing IUI, just letrazole and progesterone. No trigger either, to avoid multiples. I have my scan on saturday to check the follies, I hope all goes well and I have one and not too many or I might just skip the cycle. I read today that you already ovulated! Good! how many follies did you ovulate? 
    *BFP warning*
    *Child mentioned*
    TTC #2. Daughter born July 17th of 2013. 
    PCOS, Endo, Insulin Resitance. 

HSG done Sep 17- tubes unblocked! SA done- came back good! Hysteroscopy done Nov7- No uterus issues 

On 2550mg a day Metformin. 
    Round 1 of Clomid- 100mg CD3-7  BFN- Clomid left a huge cyst, AF arrived after 40 day cycle- BFN
    Round 1 of Femara- 10mg CD2-6 Mid cycle scan showed two follies (31mm and 27mm), trigger shot- BFN
    Benched out December- BFN
    Round 2 of Femara- BFP!!! First beta at 10dpo- 28 Second beta at 12 dpo- ?