2nd Trimester

Who are you guys having in the delivery room?

13»

Re: Who are you guys having in the delivery room?

• For out first I had DH, my mom, and my MIL. I originally wanted just DH and my mom, but knew my MIL would be upset so I let her come in (DH is her only child so she would never get a chance to see her grandkids born if it isn't with us and as it is she's jealous my mom gets to babysit more than her). We went in for an induction and I told the moms not to come until later in the morning after everything was started. I told them up front that if I felt I no longer wanted them in there I would kick them out and there was a point in the beginning when I had to tell them they NEEDED to be quiet and turn their phones on silent. They listened and pretty much the rest of the day they watched TV and talked quietly. It was nice to have relief for DH so he could go eat or take a break and not worry about me being alone. DH was awesome and I prefered his comfort but I know it meant a lot to my mom to be able to try and help me through it. My MIL pretty much stayed out of the way until the birth. They got to see our daughter getting cleaned and hold her after DH and I had had some time with her and then they left. It was pretty laid back with them there and we'll do the same with this baby. Plus I told them the fee for being in the room was sushi as soon as I could eat lol. My mom went and got me some and it was my first meal after 16 hours in labor. 

Also the moms held my legs, which I don't think DH could have handled. He got light headed even though he stayed up by my head for support. 

I would not have taken kindly to either of the moms demanding they be in the room though. My mom told me she would like to be, but would understand if I didn't want her there. 

• charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
    edited February 2016

My husband, my best friend, and our doula. My mom wanted nothing to do with it.

My husband is wonderful, but he does tend to be a bit of a push over, and I wanted a woman I was close to who's been through it all before there for me. I also wanted the extra support in case he gets overwhelmed and goes into cat panic. (Which I can totally see happening)

• Loading the player...
  • DH and I decided just the two of us. And then everyone will be notified the next day after we have time with our nb by ourselves.
  • My DH, my mother ( because I invited her) and our doula.
  • I only want my fiance, my mommy and my sister in the room with me.
    My MIL is super pushy and I'm sure she will want to be in the room but that is not gonna happen!
    My mom is a badass and will make sure my birth plan is respected at all costs lol
    she's the best!
  • KyleeWallerKyleeWaller member
    edited February 2016
    It will be just my husband and I in the delivery room when it is time to push. My mom and I are extremely close, and we've agreed that she will come to see me before that point. The hospital staff will also be authorized to make her aware in the case of complication or emergency. 

All other family will be invited to visit after the birth, though the plan is to call and let them know our little girl is on the way.

• My husband and my mom..
  • Is it bad that I don't want my DH in there with me? I know how he is with hospitals, and I feel like he would make me MORE anxious...like I would be more worried about him than the other way around. I would feel so much better if it was just my mom and sister.  :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • Just DH.  I've never wanted anyone else there.  It can get hectic enough with doctors and nurses.
  • I will most likely have my DH and my mom.  (I say most likely because my parents have to travel 3 hours and it will be December in Pennsylvania, so I have no clue if the weather will be the greatest.  If it's anything like last year, when it was 75 degrees on Christmas Eve, they won't have a problem!)  If my mom can't make it for the birth itself, it will just be DH in there with me.  DH did ask if I would let my MIL stand in if my mom couldn't make it, but I was honest with him and told him I'd rather not.  MIL and I have somewhat of a strained relationship (it's getting a little better, but slowly), and I just don't feel comfortable having her in there when I will be so exposed.  DH wasn't very happy with my answer, but then again, he won't be the one who is actually in labor.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Momof1 said:
    Is it bad that I don't want my DH in there with me? I know how he is with hospitals, and I feel like he would make me MORE anxious...like I would be more worried about him than the other way around. I would feel so much better if it was just my mom and sister.  :D
    Sorry, but it's his kid too, if he wants to be in there he should be in there. If it's a mutual agreement that he not be in there- that's a different story. But I personally could not imagine him not being there.
    I am well aware that it is his kid, thank you. He would rather wait in the waiting room; he doesn't do well in hospitals, which is why I said that I would be more worried about him than myself and the baby. He will come in as soon as the baby is born, but not be there for the actual delivery.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • MrsEusiniMrsEusini member
    edited July 2016
    The only person I want in there is my husband (aside from the nurses and depending on who is on call when I go into labor, one of the nurse midwives or OBs). End of story. I don't even want people in the waiting room. We will not be having visitors for at least 3 hours after our son is born. People will be notified when we are ready for visitors. We want time to bond with our newborn son. Everyone else can wait a couple hours. Plus, I highly doubt my newborn son and I (and even my husband) will be up to seeing anyone for at least a few hours. I kinda hope he's born during the middle of the night so we can just wait until the morning to tell people about his arrival.

The only other person I'd consider wanting in the delivery room would be my mom, but she sadly won't be here when he's born since she lives 1,000 miles away in our home state of Iowa.
    BFP #1 7/3/2014, MMC discovered 7/16/2014
    BFP#2 3/7/2016, EDD 11/19/2016 (It's a boy! Excited to meet little Anthony!)

Loading Ticker