Illinois Babies

Is the hospital that important for labor and delivery?

I have a "Cadillac insurance" and I can to any hospital and provider for my labor and delivery. I'm currently leaning towards Rush but they are expensive. I am 7 months pregnant and have been seeing a rush doctor and will be delivering there. However I know that there are much cheaper hospitals and providers my question is it worth it to go to a smaller hospital that is not "top notch" to save money?

Re: Is the hospital that important for labor and delivery?

• I really think it's all about preference. At 7 months I wouldn't want to change providers though.

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
  • What would the problem br by changing provider this far into the pregnancy?
  • Loading the player...
  • I currently have a ppo plan if I switch to an hmo plan for January (baby is due February 2016) the pros of switching from a ppo to an hmo is I will have close two thousand dollars. The cons is that woth an hmo even tho I will be saving alot of money I will not be able to see my provider or hospital that I am currently in which is Rush because they do not accept hmo plans. I guess I'm just asking for some feedback is the change worth it to save the money?
  • I'm a medical biller and a lot of physicians don't accept HMO plans so be careful about switching.

I don't think it would really matter where you deliver. It's all the same. I went to Northwestern and had a really good experience.
  • I would rather be at a "top-notch" hospital in case anything goes wrong. That is more important to me than saving $250.

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I suck at checking where I post! I will say I would rather have top notch care than saving money. I guess with switching I'd worry about some providers not accepting my insurance or them not wanting to take me that late in the game.

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
  • Illinois Masonic takes HMO insurance and I have been so happy with my care so far. I see Dr Heraty and she is great- had an overnight stay for some complications as well and all went well.