Infertility
Options

IVF - follicule size?

Hi all! My husband and I are in the middle of our 2nd round of IVF. I have been stimming for 9 days with 300 iu of Gonal f and 20 iu of low dose hcg. Two days ago I added Ganarelix. I was surprised at this morning's ultrasound that my follicles aren't bigger. They were 12, 12, 13, 16, 18, 17, 11, 12, 12, and 19. Supposed to go back tomorrow for repeat blood work and ultrasound, but the doctor said to anticipate triggering tomorrow. Don't they seem too small? Any input would be appreciated. Hoping to do fresh cycle and transfer two pdg tested embryos. Thanks in advance!

Re: IVF - follicule size?

• Options
    My follies grew 3mm in two days. If you're triggering tomorrow, your ER will be on Tuesday. I'm sure your smaller ones (11&12mm) will get to at least 16mm by Tuesday. They grow 1-2 mm per day. 16 mm can have a mature egg. Good luck and fx for you.
  • Options
    @Rachd110 Thanks for your reply! I wasn't sure if they still grew after the trigger shot or just matured. Hope I still have a few more days to get those smaller ones to 15+! Hopefully the ultrasound tomorrow will show some positive news.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    babyblue13077babyblue13077 member
    edited November 2015
    @whileibreatheihope they still keep growing! One of mine grew 3mm in two days the other one grew 4mm. The numbers sound great! With them all being about the same size you have a higher chance of them having all follicles, I have heard. If you have two big and the test smaller. That is less likely to contain an egg. Yay! :D
  • Options
    Thanks @babyblue13077 and @Rachd110 ! My scan this morning showed that they grew to 16, 15, 19, 14, 13, 15, 20, 11, 17, 14, 20, 15, and 11. I'm waiting on the nurse to call, but u feel much better knowing that I have a decent number of ones 14+ and that they can still grow even after trigger! Waiting for the call from the nurse, but I'm guessing tonight is the night.
  • Options
    I did IUI, not IVF, but both of my follies grew 6 mm in 2 days this time so hopefully yours are fast growers too!
  • Options
    Anyone have a case where their follies stalled...
    I went in on Thursday and I had
    15, 12, 10,10, 9,9, 8,8
    Saturday I had
    15, 12, 10, 10, 9, 8

So they didn't grow, and they didn't mention the other 2. She said there were A lot of smaller ones but not worth measuring.

I go back tomorrow... Nervous that they won't grow again or that I will lose more.. Is it even possible to lose some? Or have them shrink?
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    @whileibreatheihope those are great numbers!

@Colleen0516 I'm sorry about your stalled follies. Did they increase your dosage?
  • Options
    @Colleen0516 did they increase your dose? What day of stimming are you on? Even without meds your body starts making alot of little follicles and the Biggers ones take the lead. Your doing great! B-)