Health & Exercise

METAFORMIN non PCOS Diag. (Loss mentioned)

Hello ladies, I recently went to my Dr. Yesterday, I was following up after a loss in September. I have always felt that I fall into a PCOS category, 1. I have short light menstruation, 2. overweight (obease), 3. malasma, 4. loss of hair at scalp by forehead, 5. unwanted chin hairs, 6. can't loose weight for the life of me 7. Undiagnosed Infertility after trying for 10+ Years. :| During our IVF over the last few months a Dr at our RE's office mentioned im border line PCOS, but not confirmed. (OMG! What does that mean?!?) it's so frustrating I've been trying to get a confirmation for years, what does it take?!? So I went to my Dr. And asked to be confirmed, he blew me off and told me I really don't need to know till im in my 40's and done with children cause I'll be able to be on BC and can get some relief from it.... WTF! I want a confirmation NOW because I know there's a diet I can follow and foods I can stay away from if I have a confirmed PCOS Diag. But no body wants to give it to me. So I mentioned to Dr im having a hard time loosing weight and RE wanted me to loose some pounds before our 2nd FET come January 2016. Sooooo with out confirmed Diag. Dr RX'ed me "METFORMIN" he mentioned taking it over a 3 month period I should lose some weight, but im at a loss I don't like pills im not too happy about taking something without confirmation and I totally worry about, side effects..... Ladies please I need advise, I need to know some opinions and suggestions from any of you who've taken this pill, any results, pros & cons.... Im worried about putting drugs in my body I may not need, this is so frustrating :-q :-w :(

Re: METAFORMIN non PCOS Diag. (Loss mentioned)

• I'm diagnosed PCOS and took Metformin the first few days of my pregnancy (didn't know) and then again during my last trimester for gestational diabetes. My LO is completely fine. Also, when I was diagnosed with PCOS, my dr put me on a 50g of carbs a day diet. I stuck to that pretty faithfully and less than three months later I had lost over ten pounds and was pregnant! Good luck!