Babies on the Brain
Options

Pregnancy after Mirena removal

I had my Mirena for 26 months. It was removed 9/23/15. I had bleeding and period symptoms from 9/25 to 9/30. Until 10/6, I had spotting and on-and-off bleeding. Since then...nothing. So, I am guessing, it was due to removal. My husband and I have been not trying/not preventing for three weeks. Anyone know the likelihood of a pregnancy occurring? I've heard different timelines (normally a few months) and a lot of them had the Mirena in for years.

Re: Pregnancy after Mirena removal

• Options
    I also had my mirena removed recently. (hated it) And cycles have been crazy ever since. I wish I had answers for you. I asked the same questions to my OB and he sounded really optimistic about getting pregnant quickly. He said he has had several patients who come in the following month because they are pregnant and have happy, health pregnancies. But, after doing some research on my own, I learned that it sometimes take a couple of good cycles before your uterus is able to be "sticky" enough for the egg... I know it's really hard to wait. And figuring out your cycles can be uber frustrating, but hang in there. GL!!!
  • Options
    *** loss mentioned**
    I had my Mirena for almost 4 yrs. I had it removed on June 20th and had a positive pregnancy test on July 19th. Sadly, that ended in a 12week MMC. My dr said the loss was in no way linked to the Mirena but I'm not so sure and I wish would have waited another cycle.

Good luck and best wishes on your journey!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @reesaXden , I'm so sorry about your loss. From what I have read, that more common that I'd like to believe. Best wishes to you. :)
  • Options

@reesaXden , I'm so sorry about your loss. From what I have read, that more common that I'd like to believe. Best wishes to you. :)

Thank you @lotsofsunshine
    We have been cleared to TTC again.. I will be testing next Friday at 13dpo to see if we were successful for our first cycle after the loss. *fingers crossed*
    Best wishes to you as well!!!

• Options
    Yes, im new and a lucker but had to comment. @lotsofsunshine your comment about taking time for the uterus to become sticky enough has given me hope. I had mine removed in May and still no luck. Currently in the TTW with AF due Saturday. Trying not to symtoms spot at the moment.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @Mrs&C I glad you have found some hope. It's so hard not to symptom spot. I'm the worst at it... it's an addiction really. Good luck! 
    edited because I can't spell
  • Options
    I have my Mirena removal in one week. I've been on Mirena for a total of 6 years, but my family has a history of getting pregnant fast so I have no idea what to expect. DD was an accident when I was between BC doses (hence the IUD so I wouldn't have a lapse again lol) and my mom get pregnant with me and my brother right away when they started trying but who knows cause everyone is so different!

Crossing my fingers you get your BFP soon!
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    I got mine out on 9/25 after 5 years, had my first period on 10/17 (lasted less than 48 hours), concieved around 10/31 and am currently a little over 4 weeks pregnant.
  • Options
    I had my Mirena for 5 years. It took a year and a half for me to conceive afterwards but I am 33 weeks pregnant with no complications. I wish you luck,hopefully your timeline is better!
  • Options
    casandklscasandkls member
    edited November 2015
    RoseRebel My OB said once it's removed you should have the same likelihood of conceiving as you did prior to it being put in
    reesaXden
    A few questions for you ladies and a little background: I supposedly don't have a lot of eggs left and experienced a 12 week MMC as well my first time trying but quickly got pregnant after the loss. I got Mirena put in after our son was born. Do you guys have a period on Mirena? My OB said it'd be lighter but I have not had a period in a few years. Granted, I was nursing DS the first year but now he's 18 months and still nothing...I've got baby fever and I'm debating when to take it out as I'm not sure of my ovulation cycle and I don't know if it will be difficult or take a long time for me to conceive. I selfishly kind of want my son potty trained before we begin trying again but thinking maybe I should take it out now just to see if I'll have a cycle...
    Thanks for the vent sesh :)
  • Options
    reesaXdenreesaXden member
    edited December 2015
    @casandkls I did not have a period. Currently on cycle 3 TTCAL.