Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

18month old new baby on way

I'm new to the group. Was wondering if any moms out there have a toddler and another baby on the way. I am currently 4 months pregnant with my second child. Anyone have issues explaining to your older child about the new baby? My daughter is very attached to my husband and I and was wondering if it would make her jealous or how to go about not having that happen if its possible

Re: 18month old new baby on way

• Options
    I have a 20 month old son and due in four weeks with another boy.  Not sure how much my son understands. He knows that there is baby in the belly and we plan on giving him a present from the baby when he comes to the hospital to meet the baby.  One thing that we did that I think will help with the attachment is that we sent him to daycare in September. It took a few weeks to adjust and now he doesn't want to go home.  My hope is that he has his own routine and a world outside of mommy and daddy which will help him adjust to having a sibling.   But only time will tell how he handles it.  Best of luck and i am sure everything will be ok eventually.